how to claim charges from old account...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all..

Just wondered if anyone can help. We are claiming back bank charges from our current bank (nationwide) but we did used to bank with the Halifax. We closed the account about four years ago, but we paid alot in bank charges during the time we had the account.

Can we still claim them back even though we dont bank with them any longer if so how would i go about doing this. Where would i need to send the letter to get back dated statements.

My sister in law has just claimed back just over two thousand pound from the halifax.. she had kept all her statements so added up what she was owed and sent the letter asking for it back............it was credited to her account within fourteen days.

Thanks for any advice.

kerri

Guest ChloeJane

Hi,

Your on a great site for support and information!

Below is a link the halifax claimers and information and threads.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/

Step 1.

Get your information! So you know what to claim.

You do this by easily following templates by copying and pasting them to suit you and your details.

1. Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter - List of charges

Click on the link above and you will go to a template that will be to request your data and information from the bank. Don't forget the £10 and on the link for halifax is their details.

You can then spend the 40 days waiting for the information but can look around at what the tiimetable will be and what steps are next.

A great link is below which sets out a sample of the process.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Chat -- is a great way to ask questions instantly! so come on in and meet new friends and find support.

Look me up if you need more help! Step 1 is the letter.

Good luck!