Hello from Ireland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello! I've been meaning to reclaim my bank charges for ages, but wanted to consolidate my debts first, which I have now done. I reckon I must be owed thousands by the banks - I have paid loads in overdraft and credit card charges over the years and look forward to getting it back! I've made this my home page so that will spur me to action I hope! One thing though - I now live in Ireland - I assume this won't be a problem? I suppose if I had to go to the small claims court it would be a pain, but worth it! I could use my mums UK address if it was an issue. Also, I know that I need to send a cheque for £10 stg to get my statements - I don't suppose I can send a euro cheque? If not i can always buy stirling cheques at the bank, it will just hold me up a little. Are there any other Irish resident claimants around?

Anyway, hello, and I hope this is a long and lucrative acquaintance!

hi glast and welcome to cag, please be sure to have a read at the faqs these will point you in the right direction, if you can use your mums address then you would probably find mcol the easiest way for you to reclaim your charges, begin a thread in your banks forum and here you can post any questions and your progress and people will help you if they can, this is a very friendly site so dont be afraid to ask questions best of luck x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Hi, Glastocat.

The fact that you are now Ireland based should be no problem.

Personally, I can see no reason why you shouldn't use your own address in Ireland? I'm assuming that the Irish Post Office (An Post) can sort something out on the Recorded Delivery front for stuff going to the UK?

When it comes to selecting a court (if it gets that far), you could either (a) pick one near a UK airport that it's easiest for you to get to, or (b) go and see your mum on the day/day before?

I am sure that Irish banks can raise Sterling cheques from your account? Perhaps open a Sterling account with them? Might be a bit more expensive with either of those options, but your mum may yet again prove useful for the odd cheque here and there.

Anyway, welcome, and the very best of luck!

Now get those Subject Access Requests in ....

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".