Sam & Viv versus Bank of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm actually going through this process for myself and my girlfriend too. She want's the money you know, but she's unwilling to put in the hours for herself!

I started her application before mine though so I can learn from the mistakes I make with her's and then get mine right!

I found a quicker way to get my six years statements than writing off under the auspices of the Data Protection Act. I just phoned the branch and asked for them. It worked out quicker, because I didn't mention the DPA they were obliged to get me the statements within 28 days instead of 40, and cheaper as they just took a fiver off me there and then.

So I've sent the first letters for both accounts. Viv's letter went out a few weeks ago, asking for £650 and mine went out today asking for £2500! Can you believe these swines took £200 off me in June 2001 alone? Surely that's illegal?

Anyway, the real point of this thread is to ask about the letter we recieved in response to Viv's letter.

Basically, it looks photocopied (no colour) and says they're looking into it but adds "Please note that the complaint handling rules set by out regulator, the Finacial Services Authority, gives us 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints."

Are we being fobbed off?

Should we be sending letter two?

Thanks to all for helping.

Yes you are being fobbed off. Send LBA 14 days after the date of your prelim letter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D