Sam & Viv V's Bank of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm actually going through this process for myself and my girlfriend too. She want's the money you know, but she's unwilling to put in the hours for herself!

I started her application before mine though so I can learn from the mistakes I make with her's and then get mine right!

I found a quicker way to get my six years statements than writing off under the auspices of the Data Protection Act. I just phoned the branch and asked for them. It worked out quicker, because I didn't mention the DPA they were obliged to get me the statements within 28 days instead of 40, and cheaper as they just took a fiver off me there and then.

So I've sent the first letters for both accounts. Viv's letter went out a few weeks ago, asking for £650 and mine went out today asking for £2500! Can you believe these swines took £200 off me in June 2001 alone? Surely that's illegal?

Anyway, the real point of this thread is to ask about the letter we recieved in response to Viv's letter.

Basically, it looks photocopied (no colour) and says they're looking into it but adds "Please note that the complaint handling rules set by out regulator, the Finacial Services Authority, gives us 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints."

Are we being fobbed off?

Should we be sending letter two?

Thanks to all for helping.

hi sam, and welcome to cag, this is just another standard letter as you did not complain did you? you just asked for your money back!! begin a thread in your banks forum and here people who have successfully reclaimed their money can help you, you can post any questions you have people are very friendly and if they can help you they will, please also be sure to read over the faqs, best of luck x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Yes you are being fobbed off, stick to the timetable set down on the site. Read through teh FAQs and the step by step instructions these will guide you. Start a thread in the RBS forum for each claim post your questions/progress there.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Guest littlesally

A couple of the banks seem to be using the eight week thing, but stick to your time table.

The banks do try to draw it out.

It's a pity the chatroom is still closed as that place can really help with any doubts and fears you have.

Also good for just unwinding and having fun.

Still hopefully it won't be long.

It's basically a waiting game, seeing who can out stare the other - don't be the one to look away.

Many people do at this stage and give up.

Make sure you stick with the winners and you will be one!

Sally x

lol, sam you are in the welcome section click the link to take you to hbos section

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07