Sar - Id?

lianne1978

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent off my letter and 10 pound cheque for statements on Tuesday of last week, I have since noticed a few threads on here that mention MBNA require ID with a SAR. Is this correct? If so, would it be wise to send a copy of my passport/driver's licence to them with a letter linking it to my initial request? Thanks in advance.

I sent off my letter and 10 pound cheque for statements on Tuesday of last week, I have since noticed a few threads on here that mention MBNA require ID with a SAR. Is this correct? If so, would it be wise to send a copy of my passport/driver's licence to them with a letter linking it to my initial request? Thanks in advance.

They should process the request with the information you have already submitted to them. I would leave it to see if they ask for some.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Hi lianne

MBNA waited until my 40 days were up then sent me a letter saying hor their charges were fair but as a gesture of goodwill they would give me £300 back (I know they owe me far more than that) they also said they were not treating my request as a full SAR (why not???) and if i wanted it treated as one I would have to send ANOTHER £10 and I.D. and the 40 days will start again. I don't think so!!!!:evil:

If I were you I would maybe send some I.D. with a letter saying its to be included with your SAR so they will not have any excuse not to comply with your request.

I'm certainly not going to wait another 40 days.

Good luck and keep us updated.