guartie VS Barclays

guartie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share my experiences so far:

Total Claim £2451.11 inc interest plus costs £120

22/11/06 Sent letter to Request Statements

03/01/07 Received statements (finally! apparently letter not received!)

22/01/07 Sent letter requestig repayment of charges & enclosed schedule

27/01/07 Received Standard Complaint letter.

14/02/07 Received offer of £1000

15/02/07 Sent reply stating no thanks, will proceed to court after 14 days

13/03/07 Filed Claim on MCOL

18/03/07 Claim Served

30/03/07 Claim acknowledged

13/04/07 Defence entered

17/04/07 Notice of transfer of proceedings & additional sheet 'filing of AQ be dispensed with in this case...'

Not really sure what to do now - going to read some more threads I think! Any help/guidance greatfully received :)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update:

01/05/07 Notice of Allocation to the small claims track (hearing) on 01/08/07. £100 allocation fee payable to HMCS

Court bundle to be in by 18.07.07 which gives me plently of time. In the meantime I adapted this letter and sent it to Barclays to attempt to get them to settle early: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/78873-new-after-28-days.html no response as yet!

:)

• 2 months later...

Hi Guartie

B's unlikely to contact you however the advise is to start contact with Litigation Team approx 3 weeks before your court date.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html

You can of course ring at anytime to at least find out name of person dealing with your claim though this may of course alter if your contact discovers Prozac and the benefits of Leave :D

• Haha 1

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Quartie,

If you send Dino an email confirming you've sent Court and B's your Bundles, he should let you know who will be d/w your case.

Confirm your Court date and Claim No.

Good luck, Slick

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Finally managed to get through to Barclays after several emails and voicemails I spoke to Krysta Campbell she was very polite and helpful. Krysta advised that she is dealing with my case and tells me I will hear from them shortly??!!

Does anyone know what will happen now? Concerned as my court date is 1st August and fast approaching!

Guartie,

The Lit Team seem to be in meltdown at the moment and I would leave it another week before chasing as they are dealing with closer dates first.

Good luck and maybe ask Dino for an update next week and copy to Krysta.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

10/07/07 Spoke to the person who is dealing with my case, they told me they would be in touch. Received an offer letter the next day but they forgot to add the court allocation fee of £100. Now in email contact to get them to pay in full!

Back on 17/04/07 I had put in another claim for £275, I 22/06/07 I received an offer on that of the full amount without having to go to MCOL, I phoned and checked with the legal team and they advised this would not affect my original claim. I received a letter today saying that as they have offered to settle my original claim they are now refusing to pay up on the second claim although the charges were in a different time period. Can they do this? Should I pursue this through MCOL now? Just want them to pay up so I can close my account!

10/07/07 Spoke to the person who is dealing with my case, they told me they would be in touch. Received an offer letter the next day but they forgot to add the court allocation fee of £100. Now in email contact to get them to pay in full!

Back on 17/04/07 I had put in another claim for £275, I 22/06/07 I received an offer on that of the full amount without having to go to MCOL, I phoned and checked with the legal team and they advised this would not affect my original claim. I received a letter today saying that as they have offered to settle my original claim they are now refusing to pay up on the second claim although the charges were in a different time period. Can they do this? Should I pursue this through MCOL now? Just want them to pay up so I can close my account!

this depends on what was in your original settlement agreement.

This is why I always advise claimants to add 'settlement in connection with THIS claim'..this leave the door open for further claims.

but dont stand for it, just reply saying okay see you in court then.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Barclays advised me to amend the offer letter to incorporate the £100 and send it back - won't be calling off the court date until I see some pennies in the bank though!

I will be continue with the £275 claim - thanks dar£n!