N Rock legal fees

joetay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I'm not to sure if anyone can help with this but I hope you can.

Last year I remortgaged from NR but weeks after everything had gone through the solicitors and the moneys transfered I received a letter from them saying that the final figure they sent to my solicitor was wrong and I owe them for their legal fees that they forgot to include.

They have subsequently moved this alleged outstanding balance 600 + to my unsecured loan I still have with them without my permission.

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that their solictors and mine were supposed to ensure that things like this dont happen. I am surpised that they can agree a fee and accept this via my solicitor only to change it later. My solicitor was less than useless as she sent me a letter telling me about this also but offered no advice. Am I right in thinking that my solicitor at the time should still be dealing with this on my behalf?

Sorry to bump myself so soon but I have an update and am still desperate for someones opinion/advice please:???: .

I recieved a letter on Friday following a conversation with N Rock where I queried why there was still 100 pound + (sorry no pound sign) showing on my credit file for my secured loan/old mortgage. They said they would get back to me and this letter from the collection agency was the next thing I heard. The astonishing thing is the collection agency want me to enter into an agreement with them for the payment of my unsecured loan that I still have with Northern Rock and I am still paying and up to date with. So confused I rang them to demand why and was told the person dealing with it was sick but a note on my file said they should not talk to me but refer me to the CRA:mad:

After a couple of angry phone calls to them I got a call back this afternoon where some young lad tried to fob me off and told me that this is what they do with lots of accounts and that it would not adversly effect me. I told him I thought this was rubbish and that they had mistakenly linked the 100 pound secured balance allegedly outstanding with my live unsecured loan I have with them. I then asked him his details and what section/department he was representing. He told me it was the collections department and that it did not mean anything as I wasnt the subject of any recovery action:???: I then asked him for the name and title of his manager which he did but the funny thing is his managers title is 'recoveries team manager' I then asked him to explain why the recoveries team were dealing with an account that is up top date and not defaulted. He coudnt and started to sound a little under pressure and was struggling to keep composure and this convinced me that he knew what I was saying had a point. I am still waiting for a call back from his maanger but am not holding my breath.

Sorry if this is a little confusing but this may help you realise how confused I am.

Please, please can anyone offer any advice or is there anyone else out there who has been the subject of this type of shoddy treament? Here's hoping one of you nice people can help;)

PS if this is not the correct themed thread can a mod please move it for me?

BUMP.....sorry, can soemone please advise or can a mod move to a more appropriatte thrad pretty please?

Still no calls back from them and I'm getting very worried now and it's so frustrating as I have done nothing wrong.

I am thinking of sending this letter, any constructive comments welcome!

Sarah Jane Shields

Redemptions

Customer Contact Centre

Kielder Building

Northern Rock House

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE3 4PL

27th April 2007

Dear Ms Shields,

YOUR REFERENCE: ************

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond positively to my numerous telephone calls over the past weeks. I am also at a loss to understand why you have transferred my UNSECURED account to a credit recovery agency when this as you know is not in dispute and is now as agreed by your recoveries team some months ago up to date following two returned standing orders that I spoke to your recoveries team about and settled some time ago.

I believe that your actions in moving the alleged outstanding legal fees following lawfull redemption of my secured loan (mortgage) on the 03rd November 2006 to the balance of my unsecured loan was a punitive and illegal action by yourselves. That said I still cannot understand why you are stating that I still owe one hundred and forty eight pound on my secured loan after you have already and without my agreement from myself transferred 373.38 ’legal fees’ to the unsecured loan.

I require you to break down these charges as I intend to take legal action especially if this punitive action of referring an up to date account is as a result of unwarranted and un-agreed fees including the excessive by law mortgage exit fees that you have not credited me with either.

We would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that the account was opened. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

We are frankly shocked that you have operated our account in this way as we had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as our fiduciary.

I therefore and with immediate effect require you to furnish me with a full and positive response which has not been forthcoming to date.

I have also sent a copy of this letter to your recoveries team and the credit recovery agency and will advise you that these accounts (both the secured and unsecured elements) of our agreement are in formal dispute until you can justify your actions.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours faithfully,

Bona

letter seems fine to me ( not an expert ) in future put every thing in writing

put on the bottom of the letter copies to your MP and OFT and any one else you can think off and send them to them with a covering letter

Many thanks for responding Bona. I have taken your advice on board and referred to taking the matter to court if I have to. I'll just have to wait and see what happens now!

What a good response I've had, I'm chuffed with my liitle self for standing up to the bullies.

Had two phone calls today, one from complaints department saying they are investigating and will respond ASAP next week. Another call an hour later from a very nice lady at Collections apologising unconditionaly for the way I have been treated. They have brought my unsecured back in house as she admits I had done nothing wrong and offered to move the outstanding legal fees from the secured into the balance of my unsecured. I agreed as long as they put it in writing and agreed to return my Mortgage Exit Fees as well!

I wouldnt have had the confidence to write the above letter if it wasnt for this site, thanks to all. It just shows how often people must be rode roughshod over by the big bullies and how many times they must have got away with shoddy treatment in the past. :D Get behind the robots and the real people seem to be the only ones who have any common sense. Thank you NR complaints Manager!

one thing to look out for

Legal Fees Ask to see the bill thatr the Solicitors charged the mortgage company which you have paid, you as the paying partner are entitled to the bill will be made out to the company and include VAT the company will claim that back ( as long as they are registered) and then charge you the whole bill including the vat to they pay iy out once and claimiy back twice

• Haha 1