Please help!!

Micheboo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I am not sure what to claim back from Capital One as I got the credit card in 2001, (on my birthday) I was working at the time. The following year I fell pregnant and had to give up work. In May 2003 I requested that they cancel my direct debit and send me payment slips as I had agreed a payment plan with them for £17 a month as I am on benefits. I explained my sitution to them but they were still charging me for being overlimit, late payment, payment protection , purchase interest and cash interest even though I cut up the card, can they do this?

I have calculated the overlimit, late payment and returned DD charges plus interest which total £407.73.

What I really want to know is can I reclaim payment protection, purchase and cash interest as I did not have a card at the time and Capital One have continued to charge this knowing my situation, after loads of letters from them asking for more money and me telling them that £20 a month is all I can afford, in August 2006 they removed the payment protection, purchase and cash interest from my account so I am paying of the balance which is £232.68.

PLEASE HELP

Micheboo,

You need to read all the FAQs and arm yourself with the knowledge to get your claim underway.

I claimed all the unlawful charges plus "contractual interest" . But you need to fully understand what that entails before you embark on that route.

There are a number of threads regarding PPI which shows that it is possible to pursue this see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/insurance-assurance-companies/31031-good-news-folks-ppi.html?highlight=payment+protection

Hope all this assists and you can get underway in getting your money back:D:D

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

Micheboo

Well done for persisting with getting a removal of the PPI, cash and purchase interest on the amount 'owed'. Does the balance of £232.68 just comprise Overlimit Fees and Late Payment Charges?

'Fortune favours the brave.'

Any advice given is purely on the basis of my own views and opinions and offered in good faith.

Sorry The Sergeant, and Thank you for your information, the link you gave me was very helpful, but I still dont know wether I can claim back the cash and purchase charges as I have'nt had a card since May 2003, and they continued to charge me, until August 2006:confused:

• 1 month later...

I am ready to take on crap1 now, but I still have the same problem as before.

I want to claim cash and purchase interest charges as I did not have a card from 2003, and they still continued to charge me for this. They only stopped charging me last year august, can someone please help.:confused:

I'd say the 1st thing you need to do is send them a CCA and a SAR letter.

Once you are armed with the information they (fail to) provide, we can all help you more.

While you are waiting for the information you request in the two letters above, read, read and read some more on this site and the CapOne section in particular.

Keep this thread updated and people will help.

Good luck.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.