Rbs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all! This is my first post and I am a Scottish-based RBS customer. I just recieved a settlement offer this week of £1518.00, which is everything minus my interest back. I am so pleased and would be happy to pass on my experience to anyone. Thanks to the CAG as I could not have done it without their help. Keep fighting the good fight and claim what is yours!!!

:)

Guest Big Lash

Hello duck.

Well done on your rfund £1500 it'a good result.

Can I ask though, is there a reason you didn't get your interest, and have you agreed to accepting this as 'full and final' settlement?

Don't worry, its not a case of 'you should have got it all', just me (and I'm sure others, being curious. Like I say, You've done well to get the refund, and at the end of the day, thats the important thing.

Hi Lash,

I applied for £1518.00 plus £125.00 interest on the total (apox 2%). I did not get a reason as to why the interest was not paid and to be honest I am not that bothered. The fact is they agreed to refund me every penny of the charges, including overdraft charges for the past 6 years and I am delighted with that. It has taken only 4 weeks from start to finish and if I had known how straightforward a procedure it is, I would probably have done it years ago. However, as I am getting married in 3 months the money will come in very handy and I am accepting the settlement. The bank did warn me (in a veiled threat) in the letter that if I did not accept the offer they may have to reconsider my status as a customer and terminate my account (!). That's not why I accepted, but I thought I should mention it.

How are you doing with your application?

Guest Big Lash

Good result for you, and completely understand your feelings to the interest (4 weeks is very well done:))

For me several claims.

2 paid in full, 3 more at various stages, 1 loan disputed. Its very busy at this end, but good fun and VERY satisfying:D