Abbey- I have now received their defence claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I wonder if you can advise me. I have followed the website instructions and filed my claim against the Abbey for disproportionate bank charges that they have enforced upon me. I did this through the County Court.

I have now received the Abbey's defence claim from the County Court and it seems they mean business!!!

Can anyone tell me what the next step is? Does this mean that I will almost certainly lose?

Do I have to present myself in court? Do I have to have a better knowledge of the system in order to stand up in court?

Any knowledge on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

x

Guest Big Lash

Hello adam.

Firstly welcome, and well done so far.

As to their defence, its perfectly normal and expected. They have probably quoted 'terms and conditions'...'fair and transparent'....'signed agreements' or various other phrases. Its all bog stamdard.

So, will you have to appear in court, almost certainly no. Have you claimed contractual interest, or anything 'out of the ordinary', if not, then content yourself with the knowledge that millions ££££'s have been returned to thousands of people, and to the best of my knowledge nobody has ever been succesful in getting the banks into the courtroom.

You see, the banks will bluff and stall right to the end (up to the court steps on occaissions), but should they ever face a judge they will be ordered to reveal how much it actually costs them to issue a £35.00 'you've exceeded your O/D' letter, which we now know is around £1.50-£2.00. This type of official disclosure would be devastating for the banks, so they dont want to do it.

Just wait for the judges instructions, you will be told what to do next, and then post what is required. Its all been done before, and the info is here to make it as painless as possible. Of course your a bit nervous, I was, and most others have been/are, but your well on top of this, and the end is in sight.

Keep us posted and good luck

Big Lash

I am eternally grateful to you for putting my mind at rest!! I really wasn't sure what to expect (I guess I didn't think it all the way through!!!!)

I will certainly keep you posted and hope the outcome is a good one.

Thanks again. I can relax and enjoy the weekend now without my mind working overtime!

Much appreciated.