Beardtache v FD

beardtache
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At last, they're off.

Having spent time on this wonderful site reading the process of claiming and following others go through the process, yesterday it all changed. The nice man from DHL arrived with a parcel of Bank Statements (well within the 40 days - Barclays please note). Today I am going to start the process of totting up the charges - must admit, I'm a little nervous - probably not a bad thing.

I cannot get access to the Spreadsheets. Is that just me or is that part of the site down? Anyone know anywhere else I can get hold of the Spreadsheets?

Thanks for any help.

Just started to look at the charges and am shocked.

Any clues out there about Contractual Interest. Is it claimed when the first claim is made to the bank or does it come at a later stage like Stat Interest?

Anyone got any idea what Rate FD Charge of Overdrafts?

To be honest unless you really know what you are doing with contractural interest I would just stick with the 8% statutory. It can be very confusing and even the banks don't understand it!!! Just stick with the 8% sheet. :-)

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent off request for Payment on 25/04/07 and had an offer yesterday - only 70% of claim (perhaps they are ignoring the 8% interest which I have asked them to pay as they have charged me interest on the Overdraft).

Am not minded to accept this and will send off a request for full payment. No template in the Library, anyone else done this?

********SUCCESS**********

Letter arrived yesterday with an offer of 100% repayment. Acceptance sent off straight away.

The process with FD was very straight forward. Clearly they knew that they wouldn't win and have tried to cut their losses.

I must admit that I've always found FD helpful and efficient. Let's hope it goes on like this.

Thanks to all your help on this site. Contribution on the way.

Well Done!

Can i be rude and ask what was the breakdown of what they paid? Did they pay the satutory interest at 8%? - or did you not ask for it?

I'm just interested cos I've just refused their first offer!!

Congratulations though!

bbx

That is great news; I have submitted my claim on MCOL and have just received First Directs' intention to defend, so it has to be transferred to a local court and cannot be actioned any further online. I am really worried now!