starters block.

Patsfats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi People. I have just received 6 years of statements, but have no idea how I calculate the interest. Obviously some of the interest is legal, so how would I seperate the both? Am I right in what I am saying or is it a lot simpler than I am stating? Please help.

Thank You.:???:

Hi Pats, there are 2 types of interest that you can claim at prelim and LBA stage:

1. Overdraft interest

If charges made you overdrawn/go over your overdraft, you will have been charged interest on any unauthorised borrowing. You can claim back interest on this (but not normal overdraft interest - this is a service charge for having the overdraft)

2. Contractual interest

Really complicated - after 4 months on this site I still can't get my head round it, but you'll find threads on this throughout the various forum.

You need to download the spreadsheets that calculate the above types of interest (have a look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html). Personally, I've claimed back charges only and I'll add on the s69 8% interest that can be awarded by the courts if I get to the court stage. However, the choice is yours! Have a look at the various spreadsheets to find the right one for you.

Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

• Haha 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi People. I have just received 6 years of statements, but have no idea how I calculate the interest. Obviously some of the interest is legal, so how would I seperate the both? Am I right in what I am saying or is it a lot simpler than I am stating? Please help.

Thank You.:???:

Info here too pats. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=4FAQs have lots of stuff you really need to study to get everything right Varangian

• Haha 1

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I am trying to get myself acquainted with the spreadsheets in order to claim penalty and interest charges, but they are more than a little perplexing. Any advice as to how I should tackle it? I am hopless at calculations/maths etc. Keep it simple please.