Registered keeper's address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I own my own car and keep it all the time at my residential address. However, it is insured through my business.

For the purposes of the DVLA, which address should be used as the registered keeper's address - home or business? Can anyone point to the legislation on this if it is the residential address that should be used?

J

I own my own car and keep it all the time at my residential address. However, it is insured through my business.

For the purposes of the DVLA, which address should be used as the registered keeper's address - home or business? Can anyone point to the legislation on this if it is the residential address that should be used?

J

The RK's address is the address of the RK, not the address of the insured person (although most of the time they will be the same). It should therefore be your residential address. Remember, it is the address of the keeper, not the owner. The V5 is not proof of ownership.

If you did it the other way round, then it would be the business address

Guest xipetotec46

I agree with Pat, I own my sons car, but he is the registered keeper and also the insurer, it is technically his car but not legally because he has not yet paid for it, I still own it legally, technically I can drive it on my insurance, but legally I cannot, because I cannot drive a vehicle on my insurance that belongs to me and of which I have not taken out insurance for it. Blimey this is getting a bit deep. anyway J you can register it at your address with you as the RK and the owner or your company's address again with you as the RK and the owner, you do not have to own it to be the registered keeper, i'm gonna stop there before i get in too deep again.

Thanks for your answers.

Can you tell me if there is a legal requirement for the RK address to be shown as the residential address, at which the driver/RK can be immediately locateable?

J

Thanks for your answers.

Can you tell me if there is a legal requirement for the RK address to be shown as the residential address, at which the driver/RK can be immediately locateable?

J

No, the requirements are that it is a permanent address, not a hotel or PO Box for instance.

How many company (lease) cars are registered to a private address? How many of Hertz's cars are registered to a private address?

One thing to be careful of however, if you were to transgress (for example, a speed camera) the subsequent Notice of Intended Prosecution would be sent within 14 days to the RK address; with 28 days to respond before an offence is committed - if this is an address that you don't see the post for very often then you could fall foul of this.

i should point out that you are able to use a po box as long as it is a company who is registering the vehicle...an individual is not allowed to use a po box.

if you refer to a v5c it clearly states this. 007

"ALWAYS QUOTE ME AS BEING MISQUOTED" :D