Offer Withdrawn

trish dunn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bump.............. for Nattie or Michael Browne???????? :confused:

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Guest NATTIE

thanks dellar, i am yer more confused as the last post was in February this year. Trish can you clarify what has happened since February?

Exactly what I was thinking Nattie!!!!

lol Nattie....are you sure you dont work for the secret service???

Guest NATTIE

when you are a bank worker on a site like this you get very paranoid, and a mind that should be, any headhunters out there, i am available any place any where any location but my PM is off, and i cannot reveal who on the site knows who i am what my name is and where i am. So I am male spilling beans on banks with plenty not revealed with a good knowledge for memorising facts. Any headhunters must pick up on the clues to offer me the job:D

Please note the majority of this post was off topic and was merely a response to a previous post. Trish i await your clarification.

Oo er......... :o .......... not a big believer in 'coincidences'!!!!! Hmmmmm........... methinks......... I'll keep ma' thoughts to ma'self for a change!!!!!!!! xxx :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi everyone. OK, my husband, Graeme (GRD123) has been on trying to find answers to this question as well. While it may be confusing, we are definitely NOT working for a bank.

1st claim totalled up all charges and added a flat 8% interest on that total. (Rather than correctly totalling interest on EACH charge.)

Accepted check from Cobbetts (with CORRECT 8% added) as PARTIAL PAYMENT toward CONTRACTUAL interest.

2nd claim was for balance of contractual interest and charges applied since 1st claim. Accepted settlement offer in writing which has since been received and 'put on hold' by ALAN HARBRIDGE (Cust Rel Mgr). He believes the first case cancels the second, at least in part.

We have been completely open and forthright with the bank at all times and have never tried to reclaim what wasn't due. They have had a complete itemised breakdown of charges and interest regarding both claims for many months. I even went so far as to reference the first claim when claiming the remaining interest and subsequent charges.

We are going to sue for the balance. What is the best way to do this? Is this a breech of contract of sorts as we officially accepted their offer in writing?

SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION

Thanks, Trish

Guest NATTIE

Regardless of that, i would say if you had not started action in the courts for the money yet, then start it for claim 2 as they have had a chance to settle and failed to do so.

Be careful everyone else, I do WORK for the bank. Please try not to insult someone by calling them a bank worker, you may have been helped by one.

Thanks, Nattie. I'm sorry if I offended you. That wasn't my intention. I just felt I should clarify that there wasn't a reason to feel paranoid. That's all.

So a signed offer can be withdrawn? I didn't think they could do that.

Guest NATTIE

You did not offend me but your post suggested others had used the Bank Worker as an insult(that bit would be an insult).

They altered the agreement so i think you have every right to say stick to the original or let the court decide. Make sure you keep copies of all correspondence they have sent as well.

Just spoke with Alan Harbridge. Says he will not be paying interest as we are not entitled to it. Also says that my details regarding my second claim have been destroyed. (?) Therefore, essentially I'll need to resubmit. He needs me to provide evidence that I am not asking Natwest to pay twice for the same claim.

How can an offer be made, accepted, signed and returned (including interest) and then Alan suggest it was all a mistake as they do not pay interest? I'm so angry I could spit nails.

Just spoke with JOSH in customer relations who says there's nothing on the system to suggest anything untoward. Also, there isn't anything to suggest they've even received my written confirmation yet. What's going on?

Guest NATTIE

trish my advice is SUE THEM, you have evidence they may have destroyed it but YOU have evidence. SUE THEM

• 1 year later...

The case is still stayed. Received a letter, standard I'm guessing, that they are happy with the findings.... In the meantime I've been told that, although this case is in dispute, that they can refer me to c collections agency and/or seek legal action against me.

Is this true? Or can I write them a letter saying that, while this case is in dispute, I refuse to pay towards this debt.

What are my chances?

Is there a legal precedent that allows me to claim that since the account is in dispute, that no action may be taken in regards to defaults, collection agencies or legal action against myself? In essence, can I leave the account as it stands until the court case/appeal is decided?

Thanks for any help

Trish