(allegedly) fraudulently 'ticking' the insurance box

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

can anyone help me, or has anyone come across a similar situation.

I applied for a loan secured on my property as a temporary measure to get an extension and when the value of my house went up to put all in with the mortgage.

When i received the loan documents to sign and send back proof of earnings etc, I chose not to take out the insurance as this would add about £70 a month to the loan and was paid direct to the insurers at £7500 approx, so when the time came to put loan on to mortgage, I would have this extra fee to pay.

Now, I have become aware (an only because increase letter arrived) that the insurance box was ticked at some point between leaving me and the loan being processed, therefore all above payments are/have been made.

I hadn't become aware earlier as the loan payments went from my partners account and he just assumed that was as agreed.

I want to write to the company involved, maybe even Carol Vorderman direct, but don't know where to start or what to say. Will it look as if I am pulling a fast one or am just blagging it. I can prove that I have never taken out any insurances in the past because I believe they are a useless waste of money, and like I said, I never intended paying this loan for more than a year anyway.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Any views expressed on this site are my personal opinion or experience and do not represent legal advice in any way

:o :rolleyes: Michelle ;):) :o

Halifax: ************ WON ***************

Guest Bert52

Check through your agreement again.

You don't say what this insurance covers.

Your loan is secured-it may be that a condition of your loan is that you must have an insurance with it anyway, could be Building's Insurance etc.

You would have received a copy of the agreement you signed - is the insurance box ticked on that? If it isn't on your copy, then it's been added later and you can insist on its removal and the return of all premiums.

thanks for your replies, I never ticked any insurance box and am away to check through the docs just now. The loan is secured and I think the insurance is to cover sickness and accident stuff. Possibly problem occurs when partner and i open mail on different days and we dont check what each other is doing, but hey will learn by mistake.

To write a letter to the company, do I just pretty much say as is in start of thread, or am I just going to look like a fool. Don't fancy losing all that money?

cheers

PS _ thanks to whoever changed the title for me

Any views expressed on this site are my personal opinion or experience and do not represent legal advice in any way

:o :rolleyes: Michelle ;):) :o

Halifax: ************ WON ***************

Dear Sir,

I refer to my Loan Account numbered above. It has come to my attention that you have added insurance premiums to my borrowing and insured me against various risks. I can confirm that at no time have I requested that insurance was added to this account and that I do not require it. I have documentary evidence that this was not requested at the time I opened the loan.

I require the immediate cessation of any insurance cover on this account and the immediate repayment of all premiums collected. Take note that I will be vigorously pursuing this refund and that any and all information I have relating to it will if necessary be made available to the Police.

Yours Faithfully

I'd remove any refernece to the Police. Anyone in these circumstances will know they'll not do a thing in this situation citing it a 'civil matter'.

What, even if the evidence clearly shows that a Fraudulent Act has taken place?