JoolieM vs HSBC

JoolieM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

22nd February - Initial letter requesting £1911 in charges on our joint account be repaid.

6th March - Letter from the bank confirming receipt of letter.

23rd March - Second letter to bank asking for response within 14 days or else.

Investigated two other accounts with HSBC and found further charges.

12th April - Wrote to bank refering to my first two letters, advising them that these charges are being added to our claim, basically starting the process again from the start. (Claim amount £2821)

18th April - Received letter refering to my initial letter offering £1688.

If you want to get all of your money back you really should start the court action now as the bank rarely takes notice of providing a full settlement until a formal claim is made :-)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=10

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

it is important to get all of your charges together before you file your claim.

if the total of the amount you are claiming back isn't over 5k and all three accounts are personal accounts (not business), then you could put all three into one claim - thus saving on the filing charges. (even on the joint - if it's the kind where either/or can sign - then just one person needs to claim) I think if you haven't told the bank that you are filing on all three accounts - you should start again - but just give them 14 days between letters.

while waiting for the 14 days to pass after writing the first letter - get your charges onto a spreadsheet - but don't ask for the 8% until you file the claim. (just fold back or cover over the 8% column on the spreadsheet and use it for your breakdown to send with the letters).

the thread gmmm has given you above should be followed at each step.

if you follow the plan - you can get your money back.

each step has a reason behind it - so letter, 14 days, letter, 14 days , then file your claim.

Hiya Jools, You have an early offer of £1688 but as always at this point its your choice and depends on how much you need the money now.

HSBC's offer is in round figures is 1200 short of your present claim level.

If you file your claim with the courts you will add statutory interest to that so again in round figures I would guess your claim value would be in the region of £3000 plus, which you will get but you will have to wait a while for the money. Your choice.

pete

Lateralus - Thanks for that. I had started the process from scratch on 12th April so am relieved that you agree.

My claim is for £2821.00. I sent the letter rejecting the offer today. I am willing to wait for the whole amount. I have been conducting a thorough audit of our household expenses and set our finances straight since Christmas. I am lucky that I have been able to do this so quickly and getting this money back is the last part of the project. As we are not so skint that we feel cornered into accepting their offer I have decided to go the whole hog!!!

• 2 weeks later...

that is most excellent news, i'm very pleased for you and you didn't have to file a claim.

just make sure you don't accept any of their b/s in the acceptance - don't sign away your rights to claim again and if they asked for confidentiality - just cross it off - it will make no difference to your getting the money.

well done, you..... see, you got it!!!!!

very well done!!!!

congratulations!