Cahoot - Do I have a case?

DJB62

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. I have just joined the site and wonder if anyone could give me a quick answer as looking at all the messages makes it look quite scary!

I have today been charged by Cahoot £25.00 for a returned item fee for my credit card payment (CC with Cahoot as well) and £12 on my Cahoot credit card. earing in mind I had money in my account to cover it. However, when I queried this charge they said the money wasn't there at the time although on my statement they both appear on the same date. They must know this money is going in as it does every month. This is really the final straw. I have just spent about 20 minutes going over the few statements available on line and find that I already have over £265 of charges which are returned item or exceed overdraft limit fees. These are sometimes for £2-10 over my limit and once £70 over the limit (£55.00 of which were fees!). I can't find older statements on the site and wonder if I should request these as a first step and where to find a good letter to send to do this.

I don't know whether this kind of thing counts or if I have to just "put up and shut up" as I have gone over the limit regardless of how little.

Please can someone tell me what my first move should be. Thanks

DJB62

Yes you most certainly can claim these charges back. Suggest before you do anything, you have a good read around the site read

FAQs :::::::::::::::::::::::::- PLEASE READ THESE FIRST!!! -:::::::::::::::::

have a look at the other threads on Cahoot/Abbey and then come back here if you get stuck! Good luck and keep posting so we know how you're getting on.