Urgent Help Required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter bought a Ford Focus July 06 16 months old. March 5th oil seal leaked oil into Turbo. Since this date no one will take responsibility for the repair as they say it doesn't come under the warranty. The cost of this repair is £2,500 and then there is no guarantee that it hasn't done any damage to the engine. Contacted Trading Standards who say it is contractural and a supplier is obliged to supply goods of a satisfactory quality,etc. She has today been told to return the loan car and that they are not repairing the car. She needs a car as she travels with her job and her contract at the moment is in Guildford, she lives in the West Midlands.

Can anyone offer any advice on the best way forward.

many thanks

It is still under warranty and she has contacted Ford but they have ignored her email. She phoned them and said they would get back to her and didn't. They saying its not covered by the Warranty because the service record. But her argument is that this part wouldn't come under the service but its like hitting your head up against a brick wall. She going to see the dealer tomorrow so she can say about VW so thanks for that.

Apparently because the car had a service record the warranty didn't cover parts that had been serviced. Her arguement is the oil seal shouldn't and wouldn't have been serviced. She is saying it should last the life of a car and therefore must have been faulty. She has been given the runaround by the Finance Company, All Electric Garage and Ford's have just not responded. They say they'll phone her back but never do. She has emailed but they didn't reply. She is going to the Garage this morning to see what they say face to face.

Funnily enough my daughter has just been up and I've discover that it was Finance Agreement G E Capital Bank Finance -with PPI. However, they are now asking for a copy of the agreement and what the garage have reported. Does this mean they've lost the agreement? if so, would a CCA cover this.

many thanks

Can someone who knows about Agreements help now. I have got the Agreement and I can't get the figures to tally, hoping that it is an unenforceable agreement, as we are having problems getting anyone to accept responsibility for this repair of £2,500 and then the garage can't guarantee that the engine isn't damaged.

Will lay them out as in the Agreement "Hire Purchase Agreement Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Amount of Credit £8,700

Total amount payable £12,839.48

47 payments of £250.76

A final payment of £49.76

APR1

I've now written to all 3 companies, Finance, Supplier, Manufacturer, not one reply. It looks as if my daughter has been left with a car requiring £2,500 of work done on it and a debt of £12,000. She has made a formal complaint to the finance company who have sent her a form to fill in and they have asked for the Agreement. As this Agreement is only a few months old I should have thought they would have had the agreement, can I send a CCA letter to them, as if they haven't got a copy it may be away of negotiating a get out?

Can someone get back to me asap as she is obviously extremely worried about this and does rely on a car for her job.

Many thanks.