MBNA/A&L credit card

pennypenny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he hasn't answered mine yet.

Give them a ring wednesday, I did. I was nervous at first but the women who I spoke to seemed nice although they didn't give me my money:cry:

Well they did part of it but not all of it.

The number I used was 01244 672628 which was recommended by Glav. Its the Customer Advocate Office and she spoke to Colin Pugh on that number.

Wow! Just read your thread. It's all at a very exciting stage. Hopefully it will be over with very soon and you'll be wandering over the sunset with a paid off credit card and a little extra cash to boot!

Looks like i'll be coming to you for advice on this one :p

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Give them a ring wednesday, I did. I was nervous at first but the women who I spoke to seemed nice although they didn't give me my money:cry:

Dont want the cash ...... yet, id just like a complete list of statements, not this dross they sent me :rolleyes:

If youve now filed, hopefully you may of kicked them into sending you a reasonable offer sooner :)

Right, I am now about to hit the button to send my MCOL claim but I am still unsure about whether its right or not. I have done MCOL twice before but both have been for bank accounts not credit cards. Would the POC be the same for a credit card? I really want to get this right rather than rush it just to get them to pay up.

I have also posted this on the T&Cs thread:-

I requested my terms and conditions from MBNA(A&L) and made it quite clear that I wanted the ones from when my account was set up. I was told that those were not available as my original account was with A&L and MBNA did not have access to them. I told them I would accept the MBNA ones from when they took over the acount (2003 ish) and was told that would be no problem.

Well they arrived yesterday, and surprise surprise they are the recently updated version stating the cahrge as £12. I spoke to the Customer Advocate Office today and explained that these were of no use to me and I needed the old ones. I was told they did not keep copies of them. I questioned this and I explained that I thought by law (for audit purposes) they would need to keep archieved copies of previous T&Cs and was told they could not help me.

Can anyone shed any light on this please.

Chrissie

Have just filed on MCOL and I think I have made a major mistake. When reading back through my POC I noticed I had not put what the interest added up to. I put that I was claiming contractual interest and the amount of charges I was claiming but did not say how much the interest was, but I added it in the total amount claimed at the end. Should I ring MCOL and will they be able to add it in?

Okay panic over, I rang Mcol and they said I could withdraw the claim and get a refund then reissue the claim. They will send the refund by cheque. So I have to go through all that again, but I want to get it right, I'm glad I re read it through and noticed.

I have another question (god, I so wish they had settled this before MCOL) MBNA have already taken £300 off the balance of my card so on my court claim will I need to minus that off the total I am claiming?

I am beginning to think I should maybe wait a few days before submitting my claim co they said they would get back to me, or maybe they are just saying that so I won't claim, OHHH this is giving me such a headache, I think I'll crack open the cider.

pennypenny,

Dont give up, keep at it. I sent my LBA to MBNA on 16th May, then Emma Mole called me on the 29th wanting to settle. I should have been well into MCOL stage by the time I called Emma on 15 June, for her to say compiling a letter early next week. Got my letter today (not happy with the interest - but that is another story) saying, cheque with in 10 days. So finger crossed, if nothing in 10 then going to MCOL

Good luck Ukiainib, hope ypu get your money soon. I have rang them twice trying to get them to settle. They did offer me a second good will gesture but I am hanging on in there for the full amount. Do you have a number for Emma Mole. I have heard her name somewhere before and hear she is good at offering a settlement.

Thanks ukiainib, thats the number I used but I dont know who I spoke to. I have just read your thread, god they like to make things complicated dont they, why dont they just pay up in one go and save all the hassle?

Well, I've just received another letter today. Still says all the usual rubbish about how their charges are fair etc. Then it says

"However, as we would like to resolve this matter, we have arranged a further goodwill payment of £826, to be credited to your account. This is in addition to the previous goodwill payment of £300, and on the basis that this is in full and final settlement of your complaint. You appreciate that this does not mean that we agree with your complaint"

They have already took the £300 off, but about a week ago they offered to credit my account with £400 but there was no mention of this in this letter and they havent credited my card with it (confused yet:???: ). I have workedout that the £826 and £300 they mention comes to

£1126 which is the amount I am claiming without the interest. that will bring it to nearly £2000. What should I do now? MCOL was due Thursday, But if I ring them and mention the interest do you think it will work or should I just carry on with MCOL?

Penny

Hi pennyWhen Emma called me, she said to send in my final figure, and she will sort it it, as final payment and closed, and I said well no it will not be closed as the interest is outstanding, she said to put it at 24.9% ......she thought I ment a one off one and not compounded. So if you want your interest, then MCOL if your happy with what you have then send an acceptance letter.

Hi Pennypenny. It looks like this is finally spluttering to some sort of conclusion. I admire your determination. MBNA just seem to drag everything out by ignoring correspondence and then making bit part offers here and there. I hope you can get it resolved without court action, but you sound like you're ready to go all the way.

Best wishes :)

Yes I am definately determined to go all the way, I'm getting used to the court thing now. I remember when I first claimed on MCOL for Halifax charges and I was scared stiff but I've done it three times now, twice for me and once for a relative I am helping with his charges and this will be my forth time, although I have never claimed for a credit card so I am still hoping we can resolve it before court.

I called them again today to give them a final, final chance to settle and the woman on the phone said they dont discuss settlements on the phone and I should write to them if I am not happy with the amount. So I told her Okay but I am filing my claim with the court today. I am sick of ringing them so its definately off to court then. I know I've asked this before but has anyone done their court claim for a credit card on MCOL cos I dont know how to word the bit about the interest, I think the rest is pretty much the same as the banks POC.

Sorry i can't help with your question. I just wanted to wish you luck and hope they crumble before it goes too far :-)

Thanks Hopeful1, I've just typed another rejection letter and said I am now filing my court claim so lets see if that stirs them a bit, if not then I will definately be filing. I wanted to get on with it today but I will see what their reaction to the rejection letter is cos every time I've sent one they have offered more money.

I've just checked on my online account for my creditcard and they have made three credits to my account, one for £500, another for £326 and another for £400. So adding that to the £300 they credited when I sent my SAR that comes to £1526. There's only about another £450 to go and we're there. my charges were £1126 so I ve got about half of the interest back. Just a bit more chipping away, it looks like another rejection letter telling them I want the other £450 if they want to avoid court.

Penny.