Jenndoug v TC

JENNDOUG

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i had a message on my phone 2day from thomas cook saying that our holiday to bulgrea had been cancelled and that she diddint have any more details about it, but 2 offerer us a nother holiday 2 weeks later. this is a terrable inconvence for us we have booked time off work and made plans. just wondering whare i stand here can we claim compensation for this and still go on holiday the holiday was booked for the 18 of may 2007 4 weeks time i am so angree about this

Hi Jenndoug,

You would be better off starting your own new thread for this one.

Basically you wouldn't be able to go on the original holidays as it has been cancelled, for what reason I obviously dont know. TC should offer you the chance to cancel with full refund, and you can ask for compensation regarding the inconvenience etc, and take it from there. You are then at will to book another holiday for the right dates with another company. The thing to do is to check availability now with other companies, may to different destinations?? If you want help with this please private message me.

Did you book direct with TC or through an agent??

Heidi

I am not a legal expert, any advice I give is based purley on experience or opinion.

Please tip the scales if you feel I have helped you!! :D

thanks for your reply. i booked it at thomas cook shop but its with balkan holidays, i think i should get intouch with balkan holidays, thomas cook are going to post me out more details about what has happend when they find out more .

Wrll in that case, TC are acting as your agents and should be negotiating with Balkan on your behalf. Make them aware that you would like to pursue Balkan for compensation, since its Balkan that have done the cancelling. They will contact them on your behalf, and they should also be doing more about sorting you a new holiday out too!

Good luck

I am not a legal expert, any advice I give is based purley on experience or opinion.

Please tip the scales if you feel I have helped you!! :D