linziloo v hsbc

linziloo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there everyone, i am hoping someone can put myind at ease a little as i have gone through the process on mcol and have and it is now stating that i can no longer continue with it there as the bank is defending and dispute the whole claim and i will hear soon of which court will deal with it i just wondered if you know if you have to appear at court as the thought of that really scares me ,i have heard that no banks have actually gone to court yet is this true i would very grateful on your thoughts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest louis wu

Hello,

Firstly, I think its only natural to be a little nervous, I certainly was, so try not to worry too much about it.

You are correct in your assumption that the banks do not want to go to court, and with regards to a straight forward claim (your not claiming contractual interest I assume) I don't know of any example of a bank actually stepping foot into the court, although some have allowed it to get to the court steps before setteling in full.

I think we have all thought that we might be the one who the banks try to make an example of, but considering the millions of ££'s they are paying back, I think they would have made their stand by now.

Have a look at the succeses section in the forum that relates to you, and trust the process that has reclaimed all that money.

Best of luck

louis

hello there, can anybody answer this question for me, i started a claim for refund of bank charges through mcol, just before the deadline hsbc put in their defence now it is getting transfered to my local court, my question is am i supposed to send dg soliciters a breakdown of the chages which amount to £3000.00 with intrest any advice appriciated

Yes

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

(If, and only if, you are claiming overdraft interest on your penalties, also include this paragraph)

I understand you have a policy of initially rejecting claims for overdraft interest. However, should this be the case after you have reviewed my claim, you should be aware that my claim for overdraft interest has been meticulously calculated and double checked. It only ever relates to the cumulative charges within the overdrawn balance of the account at the point that the overdraft interest was debited

If it is that in your view the interest is not claimable, I am prepared to discuss this with yourseves and the judge in court.

Yours sincerely,

i hope your right gez but knowing my luck they would take it all the way, many people on this website have at leaste had an offer from hem but i have had no contact whatsoever apart from in the begining when they wrote and said they were looking into it is this quite normal do you think

All perfectly normal. Everyone thinks they will be the first to have to go to court. A couple of hundred thousand claims down the line & only Tom Brennan has so far seen the inside of a courtroom & only because he was trying to force Natwest into it! Even then they tried every trick in the book to squirm their way out of it.

You don't have to send them the calculation for the interest because it is statutory & the court will calculate it for you.

Just send them the schedule of charges & point out that HSBC are already in possession of this information as it comes from their own records. Tell them also that you regard this as intimidation & intend to bring it to the attention of the court.

oh i think we have misunderstud each other here my fault i know but dg have not asked me for this imformation i just wondered if this was something i could try in the hope they will give me an offer i did give the bank this info in the beggining soz for being a pain