• Tweets

• If a DCA supplies a reconstituted copy of the CCA what would be the next step. It seems that a reconstituted copy must be a " true copy " of the executed agreement, it must contain the Prescribed Terms. But given that there is no copy of the applicants signature surely it could be an agreement form with the details filled in. How can it be assumed that this " copy " represents a true copy that the claimant has supposed to have signed. Cabot have demonstrated a bit of sabre rattling when they say "Until we're able to provide this information , your account is unenforceable. This means we're not permitted to obtain a County Court judgement against you . Whilst we cannot pursue legal action, your balance remains outstanding ". I looked up a case... Cabot UK Ltd  v  Bachellier (2010) which might help, but it's tough reading, I'd prefer to plough through War and Peace. This particular case with Cabot is not huge , approx' £140, but the only other worry that I have is also with Cabot...£2100. They may try to make a point with lesser case.        
    • you'll never find a court open on a w/end MB. all courts are closed Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday. However as Andy points out, that does NOT mean you get 2 extra days to file, you get one, same as xmas/new Year. UKPC have not filed their, so no rush on yours as dave says.  
    • Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed some of the worst tendencies in British politics”. “The only way to think about it is as a psychodrama enacted, for the most part, by a small group of middle-aged men who went to élite private schools, studied at the University of Oxford, and have been climbing and chucking one another off the ladder of British public life" Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed...  
    • UK travellers are being caught out by post-Brexit passport rules.   When do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule? WWW.BBC.COM UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.                                   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lloydstsb

benjy48
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Even though I have been trawling through this forum with great interest, it has taken me an age to finally puff my self up to start the claim back process. Anyway a friend told me that all I have to do is call up Lloyds and ask for my 6 year bank statements paying the staturary £10 charge(which they extracted from my account). I called on 11/4/07. Will this be ok or will I have to send a standard letter anyway? Also I use an online account. Will this cause any issues with them in supplying the statements?

Thanks for any information from a great crowd!!:grin:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they've taken the money from the account then i'd count the 40 days they have to supply your statements from 11/4/07.

Your online banking shouldn't cause any issues with you recieving them. 7 days before the 40 days are over I'd write a letter reminding them that they only have 7 days left to comply- if you haven't already recieved them!

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

Thanks Monopoly23. Hope this goes smoothly. Like I said I have read with great interest all the other posts, the victories, the questionable ones, the processes. Its an adventure!!

Hi,

Even though I have been trawling through this forum with great interest, it has taken me an age to finally puff my self up to start the claim back process. Anyway a friend told me that all I have to do is call up Lloyds and ask for my 6 year bank statements paying the staturary £10 charge(which they extracted from my account). I called on 11/4/07. Will this be ok or will I have to send a standard letter anyway? Also I use an online account. Will this cause any issues with them in supplying the statements?

Thanks for any information from a great crowd!!:grin:

Hi Benjy and welcome to CAG. Depends how far you need to go back - you can print off your statements from your online account for the last four years (I think its 4) - this could start you on your calculations whilst waiting for your statements to arrive should you need to go back further!

Thanks Empowered - more great advice. Think I will do that. You guys should have your own consultancy!!

Hmm - now there's a thought! However we might just be called "ambulance chasers" and no one on this site advocates using fee charging firms, however - nice idea!:D

Hi I just want to ask some other questions based on other users forum accounts. I have been with the bank since when it was only TSB. This goes back 23 years, since April 1983. Can I apply for statements as far back as that? Also i have a defaulted bank loan that I have just started paying on an agreed amount and an overdraught of £1300 that I am paying back 15.oo a month for. Can they use these debts as a way of getting back at my claim?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

I called lloyds on Tuesday and repeated my request for 6 years bank statements. Even though I have access to my online account, I do not have access to a secure printer, especially at work. They told me that I will begin to recieve the statements in "packs" over the next week or two. Is this right or is this another example of LLoyds dragging their feet. Would I have to send a letter this time or wait?

Hi

If it has been over 40 days, send them this, should get them moving:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi still waiting for my statements. I went into my branch yesterday to try and get my statements over the counter. The assistant said that I had to ask customer services section. She also said that there was a special department setup to deal exclusively with bank charge reclaims and it may take longer than the 40 day limit. There was a queue at customer services and I could not stay long. I still have not seen any of my bank statements, since my last post either. I think that as the reclaim takes momentum and there are more and more people claiming, then it will take longer for claims to be concluded. To be fair the 40 day limit isnt up yet, but I do feel a growing sense of frustration at this slow, meandering process

• 2 weeks later...

Got my statements at last yesteday (16/5/07). They stated in a letter that the statements can only go as far back as 1 September 2001, when the account was opened. I think I know what they mean, becasue I have been with TSB since 1983, but LLoyds acquired TSB in September 2001, so that is as far back as they can take it, I think.

Oh I have just discovered that TSB and LLoyds merged in 1995, so I should be able to get statements as far back as 11 April 2001 when I first requested the statements. Think I will cos thats 5 months short, but it may take another 40 days, would this be right? Anyone?

Hi, I have calcuated my charges but have sent back a letter asking lloyds to send me statements dating back to 11 April 2001, bacause they sent me statements for 1st September 2001 only.

When I have something more interesting to post maybe I will get a response...

No offence meant benjy! Its been really busy on here recently and new posts are lost fast to the second page! It seems you've discoved what the schedule of charges is on your own too ;)

As for your statements, if you are willing to wait for more, there's no reason to limit your request to just 6 years anyway.

See BF's thread for more info:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/81799-issues-raised-llloyds-bank.html

Also see:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31575-important-things-you-really.html

Good luck and keep us posted. :)

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

No probs. Im subscribed to your thread now so whenever you post I'll know about it and if I think I can help I will. Not everyone that will see your thread will know the answer to your questions so sit tight and someone who knows will answer before long. You're not being ignored! ;)

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Hi Monopoly23 or anyone else, I originally requested my staements on 11/4/07. i got my statements on 16/5/07 but were 5 months short. I sent the letter back asking for the emaing statements. Now the 40 day notice period is up, should I now just claim for the charges I have calculated now and send them the LBA letter? Or wait until the other statements turn up?

You can send the LBA and still add further charges till you file the claim.

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have yet to send the first request letter asking for my charges back. In that letter it states to put their address, but what address, the branch adress or the address of the centre that is dealing with these claims. Thanks for your help.

If you want to send your prelim before waiting for further statements to arrive, I sent mine to:

Customer Care

Lloyds TSB

125 Colmore Row

Birmingham

B3 3SF

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE