• Tweets

• well we cant help you without information. we need to SEE the org TfL Letter and your reply. we also need to see the SJPN court forms upon WHAT you are ACTUALLY charged with and if there is a TIC List requiring your signature next to each journey and how many journey's are on the list? scan these upto ONE mass PDF read upload CAREFULLY. if your 'lie' of lost card is included in the court docs within a written statements , i can't see you escaping a criminal conviction...sorry. dx    
    • thanks for the fuller story now... sadly on most assumptions you are wrong. i cant see you going anywhere with this . the file can appear twice on your file, but doesn't hurt you twice. OC's are not obliged to default a debt before sale (though if they dont - it renders the debt useless to a debt buyer) . thus Lowell just left it and in 2021 their entry fell off due to 6yrs of no reporting. lowell didn't 'write it off' its an automated CRA File process . The old EE entry was held on your file because of the AP markers, they are a real bugbear to any account and if its never defaulted can cause an account to show for 12yrs on cra files regardless to any balance or not. in your case its sadly somewhat immaterial that EE erroneously used AP, it appears it didn't actually harm you. you cleared the EE entry bal by paying £69 in 2022, that wouldn't have changed anything really. the AP markers held it on your file. so either EE now remove it or you await it's natural drop off 6yrs from the last AP mark.  
    • So my CPR request has come back from Overdales, the same multipage 29 page agreement that came back via the CCA, plus notice of assignment. However no Default notice, or Statement. They just confirm that they have raised a request for a copy of each,.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

pinky v MBNA

pinkerton_angel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Pinky,

this is the link for the spreadsheets, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

scroll to the bottom of page Vampiress' chamber of spreadsheets and read up on how to go about using them, you may have to open a google account to use them but it is free to do so and all instructions are there:)

With regards to the letter have you sent SAR, if so then the next letter is the prelim,

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress

Lee:D

:)I am not an expert at this, any advice i give is from reading posts on this site, its all in here somewhere :)

:) If i have helped please click the scales:)

NatWest Settled 16th february 2007----£3902.67 All charges, costs and s.69 interest

MBNA- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 25th March 2007

MBNA missed deadline, LBA for SAR sent 8th May 2007

CCA request sent 8th May 2007

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pink,

If you are claiming contractual interest then you can't claim the s.69 8% interest. As far as i know it's either one or the other.

I did you get any replies from your prelim ar LBA letters? i only ask as ive just sent my prelim off 4 dys ago just wondered what kind of a responce i'll get, i also sent a partial rejection letter for the amount they offered me

:)I am not an expert at this, any advice i give is from reading posts on this site, its all in here somewhere :)

:) If i have helped please click the scales:)

NatWest Settled 16th february 2007----£3902.67 All charges, costs and s.69 interest

MBNA- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 25th March 2007

MBNA missed deadline, LBA for SAR sent 8th May 2007

CCA request sent 8th May 2007

Please can someone help me??

Have taken on 2 banks so far (Halifax won, A&L currently going thru MCOL) so I understand the interest on charges and then 8% added on at MCOL stage but is this different with credit cards.

I want to claim against MBNA and when I initially did my prelim, I included 24.9% in the spreadsheet as that was the interest they were charging me and that was what someone advised me to do, now I'm wondering if this was right? Does this mean that I can't now include the 8% interest at MCOL?

PLease help me in very simple terms, I feel like I'm going crazy!!)

Thanks

pinky

:p

as long as it was not compounded contractural interest then you get the 8% too at mcol [ie flat rate or contractual]

just be aware MBNA are a tough cookie to crack

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What have other people done with MBNA? what interest did you use?

Hi Pinkerton, I would personally go for CI from the start, they will pay it. What have you got to lose?

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

• 1 month later...

Hey Kenny,

Got a full refund with this one -still got another 2 MBNA accounts to go tho!

Still not sure about interest on credit cards - think I may just claim charges + 8% (if it gets to that stage) then it's more straightforward.

MBNA paid up easily on this one!!!!

Pinky :p

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Have CCA'd MBNA and they wrote back pretty quickly with a copy of 2 signed (by me) credit agreements.

I currently have 3 MBNA credit cards, 2 of which were taken over last year by MBNA from Scottish Widows and Marbles (I think).

The agreements they have sent me, one relates to an old Abbey visa card that I had years ago and on the agreement it actually says 'I will be issued with an Abbey visa card'

The other one just says 'an MBNA credit card' but it's blatantly not related to any of the 3 I hold now because it doesn't have the same credit limit, the dates of opening don't match and because it was way before these other 2 were transferred over.

My question is - does this matter? does the fact that they have one signed MBNA credit agreement from me mean that they are covered for all of my cards that I have now?

Getting confused pinky :p

x

• 2 weeks later...

no it must be specific for the one you are on about.

nice ploy mbna...but no cigar!

dx100uk

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Their response is;

"I note that you have previously received copies of the original application forms for your accounts with us. You advise that you do not recognise the numbers to which these apply. I must inform you that prior to April 2004, MBNA used 8 digit account numbers. After this date, we used 16 digit account numbers. You may also be aware of the 16 digit card number, which appears embossed on the front of your card. We can locate your account using any one of these numbers.

We would like to clarify that the debt is still owed and payable by you.

In reference to the Consumer Credit Act and how MBNA adheres to it, customers are sent a copy of the credit agreement in the form of a "credit card mailer" to which the credit card is attached. This serves as your copy of the credit agreement for the purposes of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Your credit card agreements do not include a signature by or on behalf of MBNA. The signature has been deliberately omitted as MBNA is permitted by law to serve you a copy of the credit agreement without including the signatures and certain other specified information. This does not affect the validity of the credit agreement or the copy we have served you.

Credit card statements that are mailed to your address during the lifetime of the account also ascertain an association between you and MBNA.

If a lender did fail to comply with S.78 that lender may be prevented from taking certain steps to enforce a credit agreement (until such time as S.78 was satisfied) but the credit agreement itself, together with the borrower's obligation to repay, remains valid and intact. For the avoidance of any doubt, we would like to confirm that MBNA has responded in full to the request you have made under S.78; and your credit agreement remains valid and your obligation to repay remains intact."

Any ideas??

Thanks

Pinky :p xx

much too much generalisation in their reply.

i think they are wriggling.

if it were me, i would write to them and make them prove, by including original copies of the agreement [NOT an an application form] , docxuments which SPECIFICALLY show the relationship between the old 8 digit system & the number of the current 16 digits A/C they are chasing you on.

i would state these are wanted in preparation for you taking them to court.

it just doesn't read right to me, if they had the info, they would prove it, they have not.

all they have done is indicate that they could

make them prove it!

dx100uk

and they