style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am paying back counil tax arrears from 2005-2006. I stupidly signed a walking possesion. I contacted Rossendales for a full breakdown of payments and charges to my account. Recieved it today with a charge of 110.00 for a van attending on the 11th of this month. I was in all that day and everyday as I am on maternity leave and my older child was on easter holidays. How do I prove that noone attended this day. Rossendales are threatening everything don;t need the added stress. Wrote to the council explaining everything and asking for them to take the debt back. What can I do in the mean time ??????

Hi I am paying back counil tax arrears from 2005-2006. I stupidly signed a walking possesion. I contacted Rossendales for a full breakdown of payments and charges to my account. Recieved it today with a charge of 110.00 for a van attending on the 11th of this month. I was in all that day and everyday as I am on maternity leave and my older child was on easter holidays. How do I prove that noone attended this day. Rossendales are threatening everything don;t need the added stress. Wrote to the council explaining everything and asking for them to take the debt back. What can I do in the mean time ??????
Contact your local councillor.Have words with him.Explain your position.This is what i diid and they were fantastic.No bailiffs called he/she (councillor) have powers over the councill.And the councill took the debt back from the bailiffs

Contact your local councillor.Have words with him.Explain your position.This is what i diid and they were fantastic.No bailiffs called he/she (councillor) have powers over the councill.And the councill took the debt back from the bailiffs

Especially before May 3rd - when they want your vote !

Especially before May 3rd - when they want your vote !

You should phone as possible.The weight will lift off your shoulders I cried my eyes out when they posted a bill for £292.When i only owed thecouncill £79.Anyway the councill have took back the bill so i only owe £118 now with equity charges.The councill are stopping using them because of all the over charging and bulleing tactics.My councillors threatend to take it to the papers if they dont stop using them.Phone asap.get it sorted or it will be on your mind all weekend, good luck maggie

I agree with all of the above posts. Regardless of who your local council is they ALL have discretion to take the debt back from bailiffs. If you get a negative response be polite but furm and ask to speak to someone more senior. Are you a lone parent? If you are it's worth mentioning this and asking if they have any policy for 'vulnerable groups' - not meaning to patronise you at all, but if you are lone parent then many councils will not use bailiffs in the first place as policy. Best of luck!

Guest Herbie

This just goes to prove why I advise NOT to sign a Walking Posssession.

Bailiff's know that once this is signed it gives them the right to return to "remove goods that they have levied on". And they do this if payment is just one day late.

Remember that bailiffs remove goods in thess than 1 case in every 100. It is the threat of removal that they rely upon.

Hi has anything happened since?