Lyndsey vs Natwest

linzi2011
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all this is my first post in here, I'm already at the the LBA stage and found all the information on this website really helpful to get here. I have just phoned the court to get the claim forms sent through the post (can't claim online as i don't have any cards to pay with) but now i am worried about what information i will need to take to the court when i file the claim. Things like: will i need to copy all of the statements Natwest sent me? and do i need to take a copy of the interest statement i sent to natwest? Also can i re-do the interest statement because there will be another month on top from when i sent the first one to Natwest? Any help would be much appriciated.

Thank you in advance

Linzi

howdy

you're ahead of me but the step by step instructions will cover most of these questions

HERE

and yes, you can add new charges to your claim

and doubtless someone with more info will be along shortly

time spent reading other peoples' claim is time well spent, it's a very ritual process

Guest NATTIE

Initially you will need a schedule of charges, ie charge, amount date etc etc for court, unless you have to do a court bundle(they may well have settled prior then you should be fine.

i know this is off topic but has anyone claimed late payment charges back from catalogues, not store cards just normal catalogue accounts. I just wanted to check before sending off the sars letter

• 2 weeks later...

i've given Natwest the benefit of the doubt and given them the 8 weeks to respond, which is up on the 15th May, when it is up and i haven't had a response i can put the claim to the financial ombudsman or go to court. Has anyone been via the ombudsman and got their charges back? at the moment i cant really afford the £120 to take them to court but if the ombudsman route isn't as successful i'll have to find it. Can anyone help?

Hi Linzi.......... not too sure how to answer this one. Have you sent prelim and LBA and not heard anything but not filed at court?????

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I have sent both the prelim and the LBA and i've given them the 8 weeks that they said they needed to respond, i know i should've filed at the court 4 weeks ago but i cant get the money at the moment, what i wanted to know was, has anyone sent their claim to the FOS instead of the court and what was the outcome? If it isn't as successful i'll go to the court at the end of next week if i have no response from the bank, up till now i haven't even had 1 letter from them to even say they have recieved my claim!! I know that you get the court fees back but i'd much rather not have to put myself in more debt to get there. Sorry if i've made this even more confusing.

Hi Linzi, I can understand why you waited - and you've given them plenty of time to respond and yet they still haven't had the decency to reply to you.

Personally, I think I'd be inclined to have a look at the letter in littlesally's link (above), as it may be worth a try. If you still get no joy after the 7 days - file at court. I know what you mean about the court fee - I'm having to wait till payday to file my claim, so you're in good company!!!

Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

• Haha 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Guest littlesally

This may help ....

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/GetLeaflet.do?court_leaflets_id=172

You may find you don't need to pay.

It's a pity the chatroom is still closed as that place can really help with any doubts and fears you have.

Also good for just unwinding and having fun.

Still hopefully it won't be long.

It's basically a waiting game, seeing who can out stare the other - don't be the one to look away.

Many people do at this stage and give up.

Make sure you stick with the winners and you will be one!

Sally x

i'm going to give the letter a try, just been typing it up!! i'll send it off in the morning. I think i will be exempt from the charges as i recieve tax credits but how do you do it? do you fill in the exemption form with the claim form and submit them at the same time? i have all the forms sat on the windowsill waiting to be filled out. Thank you both very much, you have helped me more than you know.

do you fill in the exemption form with the claim form and submit them at the same time?

You can submit the exemption form first, if accepted the court will inform you and you then submit the N1 without payment

Or you can submit both together. The claim won't be filed until the exemption is accepted and if it is refused the court will inform you and give you the opportunity to pay the fee

just to let everyone know, i phoned Natwest on Friday and they have given me an offer, which i will except, but still waiting for letter in post!! I phoned them again today and they said they will send another one so hopefully in a couple of days i'll have it in my hand. It took them 8 weeks to sort out the offer, but i'm glad i waited, i got offered the full amount without having to go through the hassle of going to court. Thank you everyone for your help.

Well done, glad you've got sorted, gives the rest of us hope!

Just a thought, couldn't they fax a copy of the letter to you, if you've got access to a fax machine that is. Although they'll probably say that the letters are printed in another department blah blah, but it might be worth a try.

I am very very very pleased for you, so long as that letter arrives. I would ask them how long roughly till you receive it.............. Im sorry to sound so cynical, its just I know lots of peeps on here been offered money then had to wait weeks to get it.................... I would chase them every couple of days................ All the best. Fendy x

Any news Linzi?

I wonder if her surname is Burgoyne, trying to "infiltrate" the opposition's hangout! ;)

LOL

Advice, information, data, opinions, etc of JustWon, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

If I don't respond please don't think I am ignoring you as, due to other commitments, I have little time to spend on the board.

still waiting for money:( They said it takes them 4-5 days to open the letter :confused: then it needs to be put onto the system which someone checks daily to put the money into the accounts and this could take 7-10 working days, so i sent the letter Friday and now have to wait for them to open it!! will let you know when the money is in my hands.

in that case I think I'd be inclined to start court proceedings when you say you would, when would that be?

the only thing that every gets them moving properly is a court date, otherwise they always mess about and forget to do thing and dilly and dally

at least tell them you'll be issuing court action on such and such a day unless they get the money to you

Just phoned Natwest and they recieved my offer letter on Monday they have 10 working days to get it to my account which will be 5th June so hopefully will have them by then!! they have been charging me on this account since i started this claim and it's now over £100 overdrawn, i plan to pay them back with this money but will i be able to claim these extra charges back even though i accepted this offer?

• 1 month later...

has anyone claimed charges a 2nd time after getting paid the first time? Let me explain why I need to. After i recieved the money from the 1st claim they sent me a maestro card, i always had a solo card before. I made some purchases and spent the money avaliable, the a couple of days later i did my shopping online as it said i has an avaliable balance. I knew i had money going in at some piont that week but wasn't sure when and i only checked the balnce on the phone so i just presumed that it was that. Well the next day i had £210 worth of charges,i didn't know that the funds that were showing on my account the next day was the funds already spent so they charged me for every purchase that was made and of course the charges ate the funds that went in 2 days after the charges were taken. I didn't know the card did that and they wont help me. I know it's my fault and i should've checked the funds available was my money, but i cant afford the £210 charges. Has anyone got any advice?