Talktalk, taking frm my account!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a pay as you go talktalk mobile phone from carphone warehouse. I top it up online via their website using DPL.On Tuesday I went through the process of topping up with £15, which after checking £15 only has been put on my phone.

I checked my bank account online today & it shows that there were 3 transactions of £15 for talktalk taken out on the day (total £45), however when i look into my history on talktalk it is only showing 1 x £15 transaction for that day at 3.13pm. I have phoned my bank & they confirm that all 3 transactions have been taken out but unusually all under the same authorisation code.

I have phoned talktalk who state they have only 2 of the £15 transactions that took place at 2.13pm, after a heated discussion they have agreed to put £15 back in my account. Regarding the other £15 they say I need to put it in writing & send proof with a bank statement. This is all well & good but they refuse to answer my queries.

Will this happen again?

Why did it happen?

They say I must have pressed the mouse twice (as they don't really believe me about the 3rd £15), so why have they only credited me with 1 x £15?

Supposing I was destitute & depended on that £30 (as I've gotta wait for money to go through) they managed to take the money out of my account quick enough.

I am currently housebound & explained this regarding getting a bank statement (which I will have to pay for) & taking it to carphone warehouse for them to fax through so they can refund the other £15.

I can provide proof via my PC but they will not accept this.

I was spoken to rudely, as good as called a liar & the phone put down on me. They refused to give me details of someone higher to speak to?

The 3 people I spoke to didn't have English names, I asked if they were a foreign call centre but they say not, does anyone know if this is true?

I am just angry to think that companies can get away with going into peoples bank accounts & take money unauthorised, I call it theft!

They say it is a mistake, if so they should be doing all the running about to put it right not me.

No, they cannot get away with it - and I'm surprised your bank is not being more helpful. I'm assuming the payment was made by debit card? Since only a single payments was intended, and only 1 authorisation code created, I'd ask you're bank for the refund of the missing £30, as you did not agree to the additional two transactions. Since the transactions would all be close to the original debit, these are duplicated, and would be restored to you immediately, the bank can then take it up with CW.

Note to Mod. If you are being overly sensitive to the use of the term 'stealing', then it may be useful to look at the thread title. Changing the Subject line alone does not rectify the 'problem'.

Thanks buzby: Have just phoned the bank they are saying they are duplicates but because the funds are already paid & not pending they can't do anything. They are saying it is down to talktalk. If it was a direct debit they say it would be up to them.

They are getting customer relations to ring me back.

I don't suppose you have any advice what I should be saying to them?

The timing is important - if you state that the payment was only made ONCE by you, then you did not specifically authorise any other or additional payments. As it is clear if you wanted to pay £45 you would have done so in a single transaction, then their anti-fraud software should have disallowed or at least queried the two additional debits.

Say you hold them responsible, and will take the matter up with the appropriate authorities if they do not immediately return the funds to your account.

Will do.

The bank has openly admitted they are all duplicated even though the 1st 2 came out at 2.13 pm & the 3rd at 3.13pm. I told them it was up to them to get the money from carphone warehouse, will see what customer relations say.