Help needed T-Mobiloe cock up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zara3562

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Had a contract with t-mobile that ran out in Nov 06. Gave the 4 weeks notice in writing and have not heard a thing....Got credit report recently and t-mobile say i owe £210 and are 5 payments in arrears. Rang them they said they didnt get the letter so they cancelled on 13th Jan for non payment. they say it is now being dealt with by buchannon, clark and wells and the debt still stand. I rang buchannon clark and wells who have never heard of me nor do they have a account for my old mobile number.......when speaking to t-mobile i told them to put the account in dipute and to stop posting they said it wasnt them posting it must be buchannon clark and wells and that because it is with a dca they cannot put the account in dipute.......am getting nowhere with t-mobile all they keep saying is they did not recieve the letter therefore I am owe them money up until Jan 07............They can see I havent even used the phone since Seo 06 cause I got a work phone so am completely stuck now and have all this crap on my credit file...WHAT DO I DO????????????????

xxx zara xxx

Reject their claim in writing by Recorded Delivery. This happens more often than you would think. They may not have received your cancellation letter, but looking at your lack of usage clearly shows your intention to cease. Interestingly, there was no contact from them or bills - did you change address. If not, again this throws suspicion on T-Mobile's practises.

IF the DCA eventually chase you, follow the 'dispute' route and get them to refer the matter back to T-Mobile.

In your letter to T-Mobile, get them to establish when usage stopped, and supply a copy of the letter you sent originally. they should have sent a final bill, did you receive and pay it? If not, there will be some money to pay - and ask them to recalculate your bill based on cancellation on the appropriate date. Also, ask them to ensure any adverse credit data is removed.

We have literally had no correspondance from them since the contract ended, no final bill no nothing............im really worried though because it is 5 payments behind on my credit file and im going for a mortgage in about a month.............do u think i can just offer to pay them if they remove all from my credit file??????????

xxx zara xxx

The worry with this approach is that they're not really entitled to the additional line rental (since you terminated) and if you pay simply to get rid of it, they may mark it as 'satisfied; but the blemish still remains for 6 years. A lose-lose scenario. I think you should pursue them and make no offer of payment, but be up front that you are not going to take this slur on your financial acumen lying down....