false alarm but have LLoyds discovered a softer side?

missc1974

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got all excited - had a message call my bank!! saying as im at court stage and they have until tuesday to acknowledge or defend i was thinking "yeah they wanna settle it"

rang them and it was the collections side of them asking when i was going to pay back my £300 overdraft!! told them i will pay it off when they pay me back the £3200 they owe me laughing-smiley-014.gif

Must Say its the 2nd call ive had from the collections side of LLoyds TSb and they have suddenly turned into very polite and understanding people - very strange - said if i wanted (yes you heard right - if I WANTED) she would extend over draft to cover the amount and if i could try and just pay £5 a month off it!! never been known

She said how do you know you'll get money back - i said im not stupid and know your not in a position to comment but i read the forums and theres not 1 person who hasnt receievd the money back. I said once you give me my money i will happily pay you what i owe you.

She said "no problem" and marked on my account i should have it all paid back in 4-5 weeks

have the banks gone a bit soft?!?! it worries me think i prefered it when they were hard and wouldn't listen to a word you said - its making me feel nervous laughing-smiley-014.gif

Lloyds TSB WILL pay :mad:

Lloyds TSB - amount owed £3200 (filed with moneyclaim 5th april 2007 - acknowledged 20th April - failed to defend - judgment issued 9th May for £3393.06)

Capital One - amount owed £260.00 plus interest Sent 2nd letter asking for money back 17th April 2007 - been slack on this one forgot about it - got letter week ago saying looking into it and will get back to me - will take more action once i get lloyds money in my account and get these guys to MCOL stage

I could well be that they are reading the threads on CAG as well-if so they will see that the number of people reclaiming their charges is growing day by day.

As such maybe they feel that they are not in a position to dictate to us any more.

Good luck with the claim

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

I suppose that, just maybe, there is a commercial angle coming into all this? Perhaps the bank's original stance was to try and face out all the claims but with the increasing number of successful claims, a sensible cost-saving approach would be to settle all claims before they get to the court stage - without the additional costs of court fees, interest and their own solicitors fees and at the same time retaining customer goodwill?

I'm sure there are many unhappy LTSB shareholders around wishing the bank were not wasting their profits!

J

I wonder if the sharholders can find out howe much the bank is having to pay out in court fees and solictors costs in respect of these claims?

As they do not strictly form part of the banks day to day business do they have be shown as an extraordinary item on the balance sheet?

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

I think it would need a direct question from a shareholder at the AGM, but even then the question could be avoided on the grounds of commercial sensitivity. The accounts themselves would not necessarily have to separately disclose the amounts being paid - "write offs" of amounts (bad debts etc) are happening all the time and these will probably fall into the same category.