Bluejay v HSBC

bluejay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

When I learnt that I could reclaim bank charges I got straight on the case and discovered that HSBC had levied approximatley £3000 in charges. Luckily enough I am do most of my banking on-line and I am also able to access my statements on-line. When I was looking I also discovered between the two accounts there were five months of statements missing (end of 2001 and beginning of 2002). So I have written to them and as per the advise that I have been given and sent a cheque for £10. All is well so far, what I am beginning to worry about though is that I sent the letter on the 15th March 2007 and advised them they have 40 days (I used a standard template). Firstly is that 40 working days or just 40 days and what happens come the 25th/26th of this month if they have not responded??

I am confident that I will be able to resolve this issue with HSBC judging by some of the threads that I have read here, and I am prepared to stick with it until the end.

Can anyone advise the next move, should write and give them more time or should I just hit them with the bill for £3000 and forget the 5 missing statements?

Thanks in advance

Bluejay

HSBC (£3722.80) MCOL Filed 12th June 07

transfered to Horsham County Court AQ dispensed with but fee still payable. AQ fee payed and added to claim. Case allocated to small claims track - due to be heard 30th August 07 - 2nd Nudge to DG sent (04/08/07)

Virgin Media (Complete Incompetance and refund of bank charges) - Letter to MD Customer Care - sent 24th May 2007 - resolved, refunded and 9 months free TV

British Credit Trust - VT to be started

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Blue, Calendar days not working days, heres the thread for non compliance just in case you need it;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

You could start your claim now with your preliminary letter and LBA using the information you have because you can add and correct your schedule up to the point you file your claim with the court so could add the missing charges as long as HSBC get the statements to you within 28 days.

pete

Thats great news thanks Pete, what is the best way to present it do I literally just need to show the date and the charge in the first instance and submit that to them, I have already laid it out on a spreadsheet for my own purposes.

transfered to Horsham County Court AQ dispensed with but fee still payable. AQ fee payed and added to claim. Case allocated to small claims track - due to be heard 30th August 07 - 2nd Nudge to DG sent (04/08/07)

Virgin Media (Complete Incompetance and refund of bank charges) - Letter to MD Customer Care - sent 24th May 2007 - resolved, refunded and 9 months free TV

Best way to do your schedule is to use the CAG spreadsheet, simply because if you do need help or advice we know what we are doing with these sheets.

As far as your claim is concerned you need to show each individual charge as it appears on your statement i.e. date, description and value and you need to have a logical calculations for both overdraft and statutory interest that can be checked to confirm the value of your claim before they make an offer. HSBC and their solicitors are used to the CAG sheets and we have had no problems with claims submitted on these.

pete

Thanks for the advice Pete, unfortunatley I am unable to access the spreadsheet, the link does not seem to be working. Unfortunatley I don't use Excel but I am using MS Works.

Hiya Blue

It should work with Works as that is what Ive got, if you still get stuck or have no further luck let me know - maybe I could email you mine or something!

:-x Kennsignton Mortage Company

:-x GE Captial

:-x Welcome Car Finance

bluejay - did you try getting missing statements using this method:

INTERNET BANKING WEBSITE: -

HSBC INTERNET BANKING

HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR STATEMENTS ON LINE: -

Click on “My Accounts” choose the account that you wish to deal with and then click on “My Statements” this will give you online access to up to 6 years of statements. (Repeat for each account and use a separate spreadsheet for each account).

Hint: - Watch out for the moving "Prev" button it is replaced by "Next" which takes you back to where you started :rolleyes:

also, have you seen this:

Spreadsheet Links Not Working: Here Are Some Alternatives(1 Viewing)

Thanks for all the help guys, Laterlus, unfortunatley that is where they are missing from and as I never was very good at retaining paper documents I have no hard copy either, so I am having to rely on HSBC to send them to me! Mind you thatis not looking too good as the 40 day deadline is tomorrow and still nothing in the post, so it looks like I will have to send them another letter and hope they pull their fingers out!

Ok the links - on the VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBER one where is the information saved as I do not want to be putting this kind of data in the public domain. And to be honest I would rather work with these figures offline.

Unfortunatly of the other links they either don't work or they are on excel and I only have access to works :( Doesn't look like I am having much luck eh!!

Excellent thanks all, through various posts I found a program that will allow me to use excel spreadsheets on my PC without excel so that is all sorted, I have filled them in and all I have to do now is double check that the figures add up. Unfortunatley I am still without all of my statements and as I have not heard a whisper from the bank if they do not arrive in todays post then I will be sending them the letter that gives them another week, plus the preliminary letter asking for my money back. SO fingers crossed. Let you know what happens.

Bluejay

Good luck bluejay, it'll be worth it in the long run :D

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Hi all,

Well I sent my Non-Compliance letter and Prelim letter on the 27th, just checked and both letters were delivered on the 30th. I am keeping my fingers crossed but my main worry now is what if they do not respond to the non-compliance letter? Having never been in this situation before I have absolutly no clue as to what to do!!!!

OK now i am really confused - I have just noticed that the DPA letter should have been sent to Leeds and not 8 Canada Sq in London, is this going to cause a big problem or will they forward the initial letter internally? I got the original address from the Moneysavingexpert website.

Phew, thats a relief!!! I thought I was going to have to start again! Thanks for that, I just hope that they come up with the goods!

At last, my statements have finally arrived!!!! Having had a quick sift through them I have found that I am a month out on one of the charges, is this likely to cause a problem, it was the same year I just stated June instead of July!

As with online there are also five months worth of statements missing, anybody have any idea why? Could it be because the account was possibly unused at the time seems a bit odd as it was between October 2001 and March 2002? I am going to call on Tuesday and see if anyone can shed any light on the matter.

The other question I have is that as I sent the request for this information off in mid march should they not have provided me with statements dating back 6 years from then? They have sent 6 years worth from beginning of May 01!

Thanks

bluejay

there's differing opinions on sola - banks view is 6 years b ack from date you file a claim and will argue older ones - up to you if you want to try for them - peeps who hold out generally get them - but it's a tussle.

• 2 weeks later...

OK wel today is the day that HSBC are due to write their 14 days are up. I take it if I don't get a letter from the then I just go ahead with the next stage??? Last letter sent was the Prelim

Thanks

At long last, I have finally received a response from HSBC. Don't get too excited though it is only a letter acknowledging my Prelim and the fact that they will investigate!.

Problem is all along I have been refering to both my accounts and when they sent the statements out one letter and cheque generated statements for both of these, but in this recent letter they only refer to one account number - any thoughts?

Also as I said this is a response to my Prelim that I sent on the 27 April, and as the time has expired I have already sent the LBA and their time expires on the 1st June, I take it that I continue to follow the procedure along the original time line?

Many thanks for your help, sorry if this is a bit garbled but I have just woken up from a Night shift!!

Thanks Bluejay

Hiya Blue, yes carry on with your claim using your time frame, your only interested in offer's.

Uncle Colins investigations can last around 10 weeks if not longer, by that time you should have a court date and be on the home straight to getting an offer from HSBC's Solicitors and your money back.

pete