Eggie vs Halifax Mortgage charges (maybe)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so can anyone say if i can claim back charges on my mortgage account? was just looking at a shortfall statement today and was horrified they put £105 as charges onto my mortgage account for january alone for being in arrears... if they have done that several times over the last 7 years then i wont be in arrears will i !!

any advise greatfully recieved.. ive been successful with other claims and was getting withdrawel until i saw this statement lmao

They just refunded me every charge they ever made on my mortgage. Set up fees, payment fees, deed despatch - the lot. I just argued and argued until they got sick of me!

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

When I made my first SAR for my current account I had to chase them by phone on day 39. Chancing my luck I then asked for CC and mortgage statements as a gesture of good faith!!!! The mortgage statements turned into a nightmare which is in my current thread.

So I didn't pay for them but I would think if you were starting from scratch it would be reasonable to assume you would have to pay the tenner. Of course if it goes to court you get it back.

If you feel up to it you could always chance it like I did, look through my threads for contact names and numbers. The guy who eventually paid up was Iain Blackwood on 01383 426865. don't mention my name he'll probably hang up!

Looks like the sigs aren't working this morning so I'll paste it in.

1st Claim- 1/9/06 SAR sent

30/11/06 WON! - £3146.41

2nd Claim- 22/2/07 Prelim sent

23/3/07 Made them a final offer!

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim - 22/2/07 Prelim sent

19/3/07 LBA sent

Been on holiday but picking up where I left off

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

• 1 month later...

30 days since sending SA and £10 postal order for Mortgage charges... they havent even acknowledged so i will be sending a reminder in due course, i will also phone the number AD has provided to, errr stir things up:)

• 4 weeks later...

ve got a £15 a statement fob off charge.. Arronsdad what did you do at this stage? or didnt you get a letter like this?

They have exceeded the 40 days legally allowed by a longshot, and i allowed them more time coz a person i spoke to said they had put my SAR in the wrong queue.

Shall i just pester them on the telephone like you did or shall i report them?

• 2 weeks later...

OK Aaronsdad, might need your input now, ive recieved all the info from the Halifax re my mortgages and ploughing through slowly.. did you request all your charges back including the deeds despatch fees? I note from above you mention you got it all back, how did you go about it? Thanks..

Oh and i took this mortgage out on 18 OCtober 2000, same day they added a higher lending charge, whats that and is it claimable?

Egg