ticket outside bank ???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my sister just got a ticket for parking on a double-yellow outside the bank , whilst in the bank sorting float for her small business .

i heard you cannot get a ticket for parking at the front of a bank if you are a customer , on the premises handling cash .

is this correct ?

thanks

I think it would depend on you taking it to appeal, and you COULD argue that

• You were taking a large amount of cash into the bank and it was for your own personal safety

Don't think it's right what you said about going into the bank for business though.. I've never heard that one. Sorry

I'm sure someone who knows for sure will be along shortly.

Matt

If my advice helps tip the scales on the left!

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely - Lord Acton.

Advice offered by MattyH is without predjudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt. Please research any information I have offered, as I will not be held liable for any incorrect advice i've given you.

<--------- If my advice has helped, please tip my scales. 8)

For Further advice come into the Chat Room: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

FAQ's : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Step By Step Instructions ; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

It used to be, when parking was enforced by real policemen, that there was an unofficial exemption if you were handling large amounts of cash. It was thought easier to deal with an FPN than a robbery.

Nowadays, parking is being enforced by councils whose sole raison d'etre is to maximise revenue. The common sense approach has gone.

Guest tlusnoc
my sister just got a ticket for parking on a double-yellow outside the bank , whilst in the bank sorting float for her small business .

i heard you cannot get a ticket for parking at the front of a bank if you are a customer , on the premises handling cash .

is this correct ?

thanks

What nonsense.......for goodness sake I have never heard anything so ridiculous. If that were the case, don't you think they would put a space outside marked for bank customers use only? The yellow lines are there for a reason, to keep traffic flowing without having cars parked causing an obstruction.

If, as patdavies says, it used to be common practice, then it is nowhere near ridiculous to ask whether the practice is still in use. It is never ridiculous to ask a question. How are we meant to learn otherwise? Ignore anyone who tries to belittle you for your innate human curiosity :)

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Guest tlusnoc

edited

Securicor is totally different and also they are making a commercial delivery therefore different rules apply in any case.

As for your comment above, says everything I need to know.

I shall repeat again - It is never ridiculous to ask a question. Therefore, posts #8, #9, #10 and #12 are superfluous, as the question has already been answered. No further comment is needed.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Guest tlusnoc

Bookworm, I was not the one being abusive. If the op doesn't like my answer to the original question, that is fine but there was no need for them to be abusive.

fair enough .

thanks for help in clearing up the parking ticket thing .

will be consulting legal experts , so will be back to let you know the outcome .

i got off on a ticket a few months ago due to the markings on the roadside not being perfect , so will go to where she got the ticket to have a look !!

thanks again

ian

I have removed all offending posts .A moderator has already given a final warning so now this thread will be locked .

• Haha 1

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks