Clare v Barclays.

clarej1985
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I have recently decided to claim my charges back from barclays :)

The charges total £300, a nice round figure! My accounts been closed for a few months but im still gonna try and get me money back. Ive copied all my statements and written up my letter asking for my money back......but i dont know where to send it!

Do i send it to the address at the bottom of my statments (one in a local town) or do i send it somewhere else? The Churchill Road, London address seems to be popping up alot.

I have looked in the FAQ's and in some of the threads but cant find the answer!

Help appreciated!

Clare

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

Hi Clare.

You could send it to Leicester. That branch is Barclays postal clearing house. They will redirect it via their internal mail system to the right place.

Or send it to the following address.....

Barclays Bank plc

Head Office Customer Relations

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

Have a good read of the FAQs and the step by step guide. It will answer most of your initial questions. Take at least a couple of days to read it.....there is a lot of information there.

Please keep your thread up to date with progress reports to enable us to help you if you need it.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 1 month later...

Woah!

Has it really been that long since ive been here?! :eek: Anywho, Barclays ignored my first request for payment (my fault, didnt think to send it recorded, DOH!) so ive sent them another letter asking for the last 6 years statements. I only sent off the ones i had kept in my previous letter. Sent my second letter on Wedensday so i should be receiveing my statements in the next month or so. Thats about it really, not got very far :(

And people are right, this website is very addictive! :D

Are Barclays going through a phase of doing things on time?

I sent my request for charges off on 6th June, they received 7th. They sent copies of my statments on 7th June and i received yesterdat :confused:

They may have 'discovered' your last letter and actually acted on it!

I doubt they are on the ball, but you may be in luck and get a secong copy of your statements through in about 6-8 weeks! That saves on the copying!

Good luck with the highlighting!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

The good thing is they sent the electronic copy of my statements which makes them easier to read and shorter so only took half hour to go through.

Gonna go through again tonight to make sure i havent missed any, otherwise ill be sending a letter to them tomorrow :D

Clare, you do know that you enter your charges onto a spreadsheet dont you?

this will calculate the interest earned for later.

if you havent, use this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

• 1 month later...

Hi again guys,

Been another while!

Well since i sent my second request (the recorded delivery one!) for copies of bank statements i have received them 3 times!

Yet again, this was pushed to the back of my life but due to my boyfriend hammering on with his (and getting offered 3/4 of what he asked for which will pay for the deposit on our new place! :eek: ) i sent my letter to Barclays this week!

Seeing as though they have been very quick with sending my statements i wonder if they will be quick sending my money back, i doubt it!

Ohhhhh, did i mention that the charges from the statements are actually double what i originally thought!? :eek::cool:

• 2 weeks later...