• Tweets

• FINAL UPDATE.  I have not posted as the defence were reading the thread.  An agreement was reached on the day of the hearing.   I am unable to go into detail but for those in this position the forum has been priceless support and advice so thank you all in the site team.   for those going through this, follow the process, ignore intimidating tactics and threats and get to the Judge.  They are very supporting of those self representing.   I note her name has gone from the heading of the thread.  Was this them ?  Thanks again.  
    • I'm not sure what the "appeal" system asked but he said he definitely didn't indicate he was the driver so I'm just going to have to take his word for it. Honestly, I don't think the hirer will contact them. I think my brother will tolerate it. I did have a similar experience with another company 6-7 years ago and sought advice on here then to which you guys told me to ignore, I got the exact same DRP letters and then a "Gladstones Solicitor" letter.  After that nothing happened and it died away. Based on my experience with that I assumed the same would happen here but only asked to see if perhaps anything had changed since then.    Hopefully it doesn't get to court but if it did, I feel like we have enough evidence to sway a judge who probably hates dealing with this type of nonsense anyway. Or maybe I'm too optimistic. 
    • Your attachment showing the cinema parking restrictions seems crystal clear. Let's see what the photos turn up.
    • Meter certification periods re given in The Meters (Certification) Regulations 1998, Schedule 4. From there you can check if they are correct about your specific meter .. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/1566/schedule/4 If they're telling porkies then you have e clear grounds to tell them to take  hike. If they're correct or if you haven't been able to confirm then you have  few options. You could just keep fobbing them off. In general Octopus can't keep up with demand for smart meters. It took 9 months to get our. So they may not push too hard. Or ask if you can install your own choice of meter. The Electricity Act 1989 cover this in Schedule 7 (2) and (2A) https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1989/29/schedule/7 Or fight the them and their enforcement. Or go off supply.
    • We received a copy of the completed Directions Questionnaire (N181) from the solicitors along with a draft copy of their directions. I am on a course today so can upload over the weekend if needed. By 4pm on 16th May both parties must each give standard disclosure of documents by way of list by category. By 4pm on 30th May any request for inspection or copies of docs must be made and compiled 14 days thereafter. I will provide more over the weekend.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

rbos and terrified

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya folks

the lovely bank sent me a letter this morning offering around half of what i was claiming.

my hubby who has always said we have no chance of getting anything out of them immediately said but they have always said that they did nothing wrong!!!

anyways a phone call to said bank will be happening on monday to REJECT their offer and i guess hey ho hey ho its off to court we go.

regards

from a shaking and still terrified rin

hiya folks

the lovely bank sent me a letter this morning offering around half of what i was claiming.

my hubby who has always said we have no chance of getting anything out of them immediately said but they have always said that they did nothing wrong!!!

anyways a phone call to said bank will be happening on monday to REJECT their offer and i guess hey ho hey ho its off to court we go.

regards

from a shaking and still terrified rin

royalinfirmarynurse, DO NOT reject their offer by phone. Simply write the following to them:

Dear Sirs,

thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx. I note all that you say.

I do not accept your offer.

Yours faithfully.

This says everything you need to say, and leaves absolutely no room for debate. I cannot stress enough how bad an idea it is to try to deal with them on the phone at this stage. The fact that they've offered to settle at all means that there's no chance of them suddenly deciding to go to court, just because you've rejected their offer. The letter above is word for word the same I've used in all three of my cases.

You're into the last mile now, so keep your nerve and you should get everything you've demanded. Good luck! :)

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

You're SOOO close now.!!!

Put this point to your hubby, if the Banks have done nothing wrong, and they would be able to justify / defend their actions in court, then why would they try to buy you off at this stage?

They don't have a leg to stand on, they know it & we know it!

Keep strong now, being able to re-read this thread once you've received your FULL REFUND will make very very good reading I promise you!!

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

Just wanted to pass on my support too, RIN.

Keep going!

Story so far...

BOS - Student account - preliminary request letter sent

Cahoot - Current account - list of charges totalling £420 recieved

Cahoot - Credit card - list of charges totalling £200

Mint - Request for list of charges made by telephone and letter.

I'm shakin in me boots but I just wanted to say, "keep the faith "

Freebird

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

Just read your thread with interest, as I had debt problems about 5 years ago, followed by charges. Not as much as others on here but probably a good few hundred worth.

Anyway, just wanted to say good luck to you re your fight. Will be interested in outcome and hope to follow you down that path.

Dave318

Data Protection Request sent 08/08/06: 1st Letter of Approach sent 31/08/06 claiming £783

LBA sent 15/09/06 their letter crossed in the post.

Lost letter (despite it being recorded delivery)

Phone call made Tuesday 10/10/06: Fax sent (copy LBA) 11/10/06

Offer arrived 14/10/06 £480 (No way)

Hiya- I am new to this forum and thouht that you would be interested to know that reading your information has given me the final push to "go for it".

Sent letter requesting statements today to local RBS.

Thanks and good luck

hi everyone an update

got a letter from judith carrie solicitor for rbos offering my full amount of claim i accepted this last week plus court fee

i am still awaiting the money though

and on a lighter note i have £3100 of charges on my other account so my next letter is ready to post as soon as i have the cash in my account.

shame i can only claim £750 at a time though

thanks to all for your help and support my 5% will be coming your way as soon as i get mine

regards

Just read through your thread with interest. My court date for RBOS is 18 August. Judith Carrie wrote and offered me £389 when I rejected this by emailing her the offer went upto £639 within an hour. My claim is £844 including fee and interest.

After reading about your success I'm more hopeful now they'll pay up and claim number 2 can begin :)

• 4 months later...

hello again folks

another update,

i accepted the offer from jusith carrie and signed the letter she said i had to sign on order to get the cash. got my cash.

wrote to judith carrie again to say here is the amount of charges you have taken off me from my other account and rather than go throught the small claims procedure repeatedly i thought i would just write to you direct and seek my refund this way...

she then replied saying that i had agreed not to claim any more charges from the bank through signing the form she sent (i did sign it but this claim relates to a different account) and if i pursued the matter she would close my account. i got a little shaky regarding this and decided to let it drop....

recently i incurred another charge and telephoned my bank manager to ask for a refund of my charge and he said no because i already got a refund from them in august of this year i told him i would see him in court.

so do i have any chance of another claim.

all advice would be greatly appreciated

regards

rin

rin if you didn't sign to not claim for this account then claim away............

go for it girl

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks