Tiscali Billing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can somebody please help!!

I've just realised I can view my bill on-line. Complete and utter shock when the bill shows up at just under £420.00 - called Tiscal who said that the sort code on my payment details is wrong and payments have been being reversed since July 2005 and said it was my fault as I should have checked my bank statements.

I told the girl on the phone, who was as much use as a chocolate fireguard, that I would have expected someone to contact me ages ago to advise this was the case and to get the correct details, of course no explanation for this, then she proceeded to tell me that if I didn't pay straight away my 'debt' would be passed to a debt collection agency.

Needless to say I'm in bits at the moment. I've finally got on top of my finances, which has taken alot of work, and thats all going to be wasted. Apparently the only thing I can do is contact their head office.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Any advice gratefully received...... I just dont know where to start.

There is joint responsibility here - it doesn't end up all in your plate. Clearly you thought they were taking payments and would have disconnected service if the payment wasn't forthcoming. If they did nothing to alert you, then they similarly must take some of the blame, and at the very least I'd expect a discount of around 20% and an opportunity to pay off the balance relatively quickly. Are you sure the £420 is only for network service, no additional penalties for late payment. Forget the phone, WRITE explaining your predicament, and advise any DCA the account is in dispute.

Thanks very much, think I will compose a letter tomorrow when I have calmed down a little! Do you think I should include a request for discount if account is paid off quickly?

• 2 years later...

Sympathies. I switched from Tiscali to BT in December via a MAC code. All fairly straightforward apparently. However, I am having a devil of a time getting Tiscali/TalkTalk to refund me the money they have charged me SINCE switching 3 months ago! Their helpline rep promised me a full refund on the phone. They now have no record of this call and we are into our 32nd email correspondence. Am finding it quite amusing as they seem hellbent on losing customers!!