Complaint Handling Rules

muggins73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following my letter from Halifax stating that 'the complaint handling rules set by their regulator the FSA, gives them 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints', and as I am preparing to send them my LBA, I thought I'd better check it out for myself.

I found this on the Financial Ombundsman Service website under 'our complaint-handling procedure - some modifications...

For both banks and building societies

The eight-week time limit is the principal change. The Banking Code Standards Board has recommended that firms convered by that Code should aim to start following the new time limits now.

Existing scheme rules do not actually require a final response (or deadlock) letter. They only require that enough time is given for senior management to consider the complaint. In most cases, eight weeks will usually be enough, if the complaint-handling department is adequately resourced. But we encourage firms to issue a final response (or deadlock) letter, even though it is not a requirement, as it lets us know the firm’s position in relation to the complaint'.

If this is indeed the case, then are we not asking for trouble in the eyes of the court, if we do not adhere to this request by giving them 14 days to respond to our request for repayment of charges?

Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

• 3 weeks later...
Following my letter from Halifax stating that 'the complaint handling rules set by their regulator the FSA, gives them 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints', and as I am preparing to send them my LBA, I thought I'd better check it out for myself.

I found this on the Financial Ombundsman Service website under 'our complaint-handling procedure - some modifications...

For both banks and building societies

The eight-week time limit is the principal change. The Banking Code Standards Board has recommended that firms convered by that Code should aim to start following the new time limits now.

Existing scheme rules do not actually require a final response (or deadlock) letter. They only require that enough time is given for senior management to consider the complaint. In most cases, eight weeks will usually be enough, if the complaint-handling department is adequately resourced. But we encourage firms to issue a final response (or deadlock) letter, even though it is not a requirement, as it lets us know the firm’s position in relation to the complaint'.

If this is indeed the case, then are we not asking for trouble in the eyes of the court, if we do not adhere to this request by giving them 14 days to respond to our request for repayment of charges?

Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Has no one on this forum got any opinions on the aforementioned?????:o

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Just seen this and I believe that they are using the 8 weeks as another stalling tactic.

We aren't complaining at all, just asking for our money back.

The 14 days for Prelim and LBA are set out in civil procedure, but the banks seem to be ignoring this and considering everything as a complaint.

If this was a problem with the courts then it would of come to light by now.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Excellent, point.

Thanks for the response.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA