• Tweets

• Boris's face when being interviewed today..  When project fear becomes project reality !   UK as an independent country will have to invest hundreds of billions to upgrade all of the important infrastructure  that is required. This will take a very long time.  The new nuclear power station being built in Somerset will not be generating any power until 2026 at the earliest and that is very optimistic as only about a third of the site has been built.   Some of the protections the UK had as part of being in the EU are no longer there.  EU  countries will look after their own interests in regard to energy supplies, with no obligations to the UK, as they are no longer part of the EU club.
    • In that case same argument as if a Taxi Driver was invoiced for picking up a customer without a permit as was said in Homeguard v Jopson, there is a presumption that people would be able to stop to pick up or deliver without actually being parked:       from Jopson v Homeguard:   "20 Neither party was able to direct the court to any authority on the meaning of the word “park”. However, the Shorter Oxford Dictionary has the following: “To leave a vehicle in a carpark or other reserved space” and “To leave in a suitable place until required.” The concept of parking, as opposed to stopping, is that of leaving a car for some duration of time beyond that needed for getting in or out of it, loading or unloading it, and perhaps coping with some vicissitude of short duration, such as changing a wheel in the event of a puncture. Merely to stop a vehicle cannot be to park it; otherwise traffic jams would consist of lines of parked cars. Delivery vans, whether for post, newspapers, groceries, or anything else, would not be accommodated on an interpretation which included vehicles stopping for a few moment for these purposes. Discussion in this area left the respondent in obvious difficulties, from which the attractive advocacy of Miss Fenwick was unable to rescue it. 21 Whether a car is parked, or simply stopped, or left for a moment while unloading, or (to take an example discussed in argument) accompanying a frail person inside, must be a question of fact or degree. I think in the end this was agreed. A milkman leaving his float to carry bottles to the flat would not be “parked”.   Nor would a postman delivering letters, a wine merchant delivering a case of wine, and nor, I am satisfied, a retailer’s van, or indeed the appellant, unloading an awkward piece of furniture. Any other approach would leave life in the block of flats close to unworkable, a consideration 8 which those instructing Miss Fenwick seemed reluctant to accept. I am quite satisfied, and I find as a fact, that while the appellant’s car had been stationary for more than a minute and without its driver for the same period (whatever precisely it was), while she carried in her desk, it was not “parked”. Accordingly, for that reason too, the appellant was not liable to the charge stipulated in the respondent’s notice."   Judgment can be downloaded from here  its the last case at the bottom of the page:
    • as an update, I am one of the people's energy customers who has been affected by their closure.  what can i expect to happen with the debt?  I owe approx £1200 and British Gas have been appointed to take over?  
    • HI, I WENT TO LOOK AT A USED CAR FROM A DEALER, HAD ONE PROBLEM THAT WOULD GET SORTED BEFORE DELIVERY, I PAYED A DEPOSIT , SAID HAVE IT IN 7 DAYS TO SERVICE/MOT ETC, THEN TOLD TO PAY BALANCE DAY BEFORE DELIVERY, 31/2 WEEKS AFTER I SHOULD HAVE HADF IT, STILL WAITING FOR THE CAR AS HAD LOTS OF ISSUES TO BE FIXEDAND STILL WAITING.. WHAT TO DO NEXT..
    • I've received a response from Lord Roofing. I've attached it below.   Im not really happy to allow them to keep coming to rectify the issues when they have had multiple attempts and not addressed my concerns. I know they will not repair the sub base or address the problems correctly.   My understanding g is they no longer have the right to keep trying to repair under CRA anyway. As you predicated @BankFodderthey're becoming more aggressive         Dear xxxx,   Please don’t try to insult my intelligence for the sake of prose. As previously stated, the company has tried contact yourself on many occasions, whether that be phone calls or numerous unanswered emails and text messages.   I will visit your property on Monday 27th of September as I’m currently on annual leave.   Once I have inspected the works, I will then arrange a time and date for the works to be rectified as per section 25.1 of the contract. I will have my senior groundworks manager perform the required works.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Help I am Stuck

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, I have been helping my sister with her bank charges and we have issued proceedings against Barclays. She has three claims in total, 2 of which have been defended no supprise there !! But the biggest one for £2.5K we have judgement on so question is what do i do to enforce it asap as i dont want them to realise their stupid mistake.

Any answers would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

welcome to the forum.

Please take time to read the faq's

Please find your banks forum and start a thread;

(your user name) V (banks name)

use the template letters in order Stick to the timetable in there.

For instant live help please go to the chat room

Any advice given is purely based on personal experience and if in doubt you should seek further advice from a professional.

If you liked what I have written then please let me know by clicking on the scales!

FAQS wink.gif

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faq.php

Scotland Issues

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/scotland/

Step by step instructions biggrin.gif better safe than sorry!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....tructions.html

Templates cool.gif If it aint broke dont fix it!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....lates-library/

Online claim or direct at court?

Getting MCOL Right

Finally good Luck.

jamesrap.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.

• Haha 1

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

Guest ChloeJane

Hi Stacey K!

Well done! Stacey as you have judgement you can send in the Bailiffs within 7 days.

Is it a default judgement Stacey??

If so, when did you gain judgement? Reason for asking!

I would send in a High Court Enforcement Officer and not use the County Court Bailiffs. You can do this by transferring the judgement to the High court for Enforcement and it gaurantees a result faster and they have more determination to collect.

Good luck, look me up if you need more help!

Well done!

Hi

Thanks for the info, the Judgment was in default and the date of it is 11th April 07 so they have had more than enough time.

Have researched it and also came to the same conclusion of going for a high court enforcement writ.

Thanks ever so much for the help, so pleasing to get one over on such a huge organsiation !!!

Guest ChloeJane

Exactly!

A High Court Writ gives many more powers to collect on your behalf and is a much better way to enforce to get your money.

If you won by default on the 11th, just be aware that they have 14 days to apply to the court for the matter to be set aside. So I would wait just a little bit longer!

If you alert them too early, they may file but after the 14 days you are pretty assured that your choice to have the judgement transferred to the High Court a faster result.

Just in case - the link for reading about default judgement is here

PART 12 - DEFAULT JUDGMENT

Well done though and enjoy the win as I said.

Any problems - look me up!