• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

doz vrs Lloyds ** WON **

Doz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Doz,

This is just a standard letter, same as the one I got on Friday, in the same post as another letter from SCM with the without prejudice offer of settlement.

Been in contact today and have been advised of a 2 week delay because of all the settlements

I had me review with the manager on Monday and no probs just updated personal details. There were no special markers on the record.

Hope you get your 2nd letter in the morning

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:-( No 2nd letter offering settlement this morning from SC&M.Would be nice to get a settlement sometime this week.All this waiting around gets so tedias sometimes. :-/

Thanks guys for words of encouragement...I was waiting to mug the postman this morning in hope that he would of had some good news for me but after 11am passed i realised that there is a another postal strike today...Ahhh!!:roll:

Oh well, ill have to wait to see what gifts he bears tommorrow morning if any.

No money in my account this morning either (see loads of others got theirs yesterday and sent the acceptance back when I did):evil: :evil:

Never mind tho the longer they keep hold of it the longer it will take me to spend it:D :D

Will check with you Saturday Doz - Hope we see some good news from you then;) ;)

SOME GREAT NEWS!!

I recieved a second letter from the SC&M this morning (dated 6th July, 8 days late!!) telling me that Stricly Without Predudice Confidential they are willing to pay £1248.83 into my account if i agree to thier Ts & Cs.

These are:

1. The above amounts (£1248.83 in total) will be credited to your account by the bank.

2. The payment will be made solely as a goodwill gesture without admission....blah blah..full and final settlement.

3.You confirm that you paid the above charges in full and that you have not already:

a. made a previous succsessful claim against the bank for any of them

b. had any of them transfered into personal loan credit card or any other form of finance with the bank which has been written off.

c. had them written off as a result of your overdraft.

d. had any of them refunded through discussion with any LTSB member of staff.

4. The terms of this agreement are confidential to parties and legal representatives.

5. you agree in future to maintain your accounts with the bank within your agreed limits and accordance with the terms that goven the account.

6. You are aware you can avoid these fees in future if you agree to increase your overdraft with the bank before you try to make payments that would take over any previously agreed limits. If you do so, you will again incur these charges.

7. You make contact with you local lloyds TSB Branch Manager to arrange a review.....Blah

I know people are not agreeing to some of these terms so what is the best course of action now and which one should i not agree to.?

Also this letter was dated 6th July and the had asked me to reply within 10days so due to the postal strikes of late i only have 3 days laeft to reply, 2 of which are the weekend!!

Does anyone suggest i give the SC&M a call to explain this so it doesnt effect my settlement..?

I could do with getting this letter sent today via Special Delivery so help is greatly appreciated thanks.

Just to add to the previous post i intend to claim back another £30 of charges which they took last month and then shut the account down.So does it matter if i just sign it and send it back?

Hi Doz

From what i've read here, i would cross out 2,4,5,6 & 7.

I wouldn't bother contacting SC&M as i doubt it will effect the outcome. If your sending it off today it should still get there in time, and their sure to allow for postal strike/weekend.

Well done, your nearly there :D

he he he Well done Doz, logged opn 1st thing to check your status:)

You had not received anything then, but just popping out so checked e mails and noted that you had finially received the letter.

I faxed acceptance (6.7.7) then special delivery'd the original to arrive on Monday, No money in my account still tho. I am gonna check again this afternoon.

Very happy for you

Evoix:D :D

Thanks Barty,evoix & kazzie for your replies.

Good luck with getting your cash evoix,hope you get yours soon too. Keep me posted.;)

Letter has been signed and sent today via Special Delivery to make sure it gets there quickly but it still won't get there until Tuesday which is 1 day past the 10 days they have given me to reply but hopefully it won't make to much difference. Fingers crossed.:)

Rest assured as soon as the money hits my account i will be making a donation to this site so it can continue to keep going & helping others claim back what is rightfully there's!

Thankyou all for your help.

Doz

Quick update - checked and the money is in the account. Cheers all, thanks Christina. You wont have long to wait now Doz. I am sticking mine in a deposit account (at TSB) lol, that is if they don't close the account down now they have paid me out.

Keep the faith all

Evoix

Update.

I have checked royal mails site today after returning the settlement offer letter on saturday and it says it has left there depot and will be delivered today.

I have been reading a few of other peoples threads and they have sent an additional letter to go with the settlement one of which i did not do, i just crossed out some of the T&C and posted the original.

Would it be advisable to send the other letter to SC&M and then contact MCOL to let them know the situation?

Hi GREAT NEWS!!!!I have been checking my account all day on the off chance that lloyds may pay up today and yet again my persiverance has payed off!!Just checked about 10 mins ago and £1248.44 has been payed in.!!:-);-):-)If off to buy me a new LCD TV and a donation will be shortly followed!!Big big thankyou again to this site and to all the poeple who have helped me get my money back. Many thanks to you all.!!

Just thort I would share some fun with you guys, letter from LTSB 18.7.7., copy of 1st reply letter (sorry u not happy send £10 and we will send you the statement etc etc)

2nd letter this morning - sad to see you have not replied to our without prejudice letter - we are paying money into your accout within next 7 days. This was dated 13th - our letter hit their office 5 days before this (special delivery), my my they must be in a fair old pickle at SCM.

Good luck all

Hope the TV was worht the wait DOZ

EVOxxxx:D :D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: ....I Have had exactly the same letter today dated 17th July!!!!

Looks like they are that bogged down with claims that they have'nt a clue what they are doing.

Would be nice if we get paid twice over..!!:D;):D