Bank Defending Bank Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Hi everyone! first time using this site and forum, not sure what will happen next but I've arrived at my wits end! :(

Started to claim my bank charges (approx £3000) against my ex-bank "Barclays" following the templates according to Martin Lewis "moneysavingexpert.com" total for the last six years and just my luck they are defending the case and the courts have sent me an 'allocation questionare' and included is a court mediation scheme - reply form.

Can anybody help us with this situation? I was told that banks up to now do not defend or attend courts when being sued on bank charges, why then are they doing this to us?

:confused:

no shock there.

welcome to the forum.

Please take time to read the faq's

Please find your banks forum and start a thread;

(your user name) V (banks name)

use the template letters in order Stick to the timetable in there.

For instant live help please go to the chat room

Any advice given is purely based on personal experience and if in doubt you should seek further advice from a professional.

If you liked what I have written then please let me know by clicking on the scales!

FAQS wink.gif

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faq.php

Scotland Issues

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/scotland/

Step by step instructions biggrin.gif better safe than sorry!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....tructions.html

Templates cool.gif If it aint broke dont fix it!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....lates-library/

Online claim or direct at court?

Getting MCOL Right

Finally good Luck.

jamesrap.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

banks do not attend court because to defend a claim like this they must release a break down of there charges to us and they wont do that.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

Hi ,

Jamesrap is right look at the guy who received back £36,000 the other day and the reason that Nat West said that they did not go to court is because the legal costs are to high. If they do not contest his claim for £36.000 they will not contest your claim for £3,000 so hang in there and go get your money.

Eileen:p:p:p

Hello,

I'm in the same situation. I have sent the statutory 2 letters, and initiated a small claims hearing, and today received a letter from LloydsTsb solicitors informing me that they are defending the claim.

Well, lets hang on in there. I've read through the FAQ's, & printed out some essential info for my defence (e.g the basis on which they will defend their claim, and how we can respond).

But remember, lots of people have been through this already, and have been successful. The reason we are in this situation is because we have been bullied and intimidated by the banking system.Well I'm fed up with it, and even if I go to court, I'm going to go armed (with info).

Aren't we all just trying to get by, and provide for our families in the face of the escalating cost of living? You have done nothing wrong, so don't feel guilty or intimidated.

One piece of advice I can offer, if you do go to court, don't go alone. I successfully reclaimed £800 from a garage last year for messing up my motorbike, but the proceedings were a lot more formal than I had expected. I was nervous about speaking in court, but luckily it was a straightforward case. Know exactly what you are going to say (take notes with you) and remember the judge is there to help you. Good Luck. Walk Tall.

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there!

This is really just a delay tactic as they know that they do not have a defence and they are hoping that you will not have the confidence to see it through and be intimidated by the court process.

Hi there!

You will find lots of support on the site and friendship and encouragement to get you through, so please don't worry.

A really great link to read is this

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

It will tell you what to expect so read through the stage that you are at and it should give you some idea of what to expect and some more confidence. It will highlight what to expect if they defend!

The banks rely on you being very unsure about the court system and confused and for you to end the claim early with their offer, or you can use the site information and people here to support you to be confident with the process and information and get you through to the end...being all your money back!

Remember...the law is on your side so stick with it!

Chat is a great way to have instant questions asked and for that real confidence you might need.

Good luck!