Curry's Excellent Customer Service on Laptop

gizmo111

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My father purchased a Packard Bell laptop on 6/02. He has terminal cancer and loves using the internet, he bought the laptop for the sole purpose of when he was too ill to get out of bed, he could still have this pleasure. That time came last week and he now has a very short life expectancy, maybe 3 weeks.

He has hardly used this machine, and on Easter weekend he found out that the CD/DVD drive was missing. Customer services at PB talked him through the recovery programmes and stil lit would not work. I took it back to a different branch of Curry's on Monday, where they said he had corrupted the system, and a CD was needed to work it, obtainable from PB. This guy refused to help in any other way.

I rang PB and explained the situation and spoke to a very nice techy guy called Ian, who said they would normally send a courier for collection and it would have a likely 2 week turn around, I expalined my dad may not have that much time left, and he spoke to a manager, who suggested he ask Curry's for a replacement, and said he would call me back soon after his lunch. He rang back mid afternoon and said he had spoke to the store manager, Duncan, at Bristol Broadmead branch who was very sympathetic and had agreed to replace the laptop, if I took it in to him. I did this afternoon and got a new one for my dad.

Duncan said that company policy should not replace customer care.

I took it my dad and I wish Duncan could have seen the smile on his face.

So a BIG THANKYOU to Curry's Broadmead, and Ian at Packard Bell tech dept, for thinking outside the box and being instrumental in letting my dad enjoy the end of his life.

ooh and hopefully he will be on here tonight to claim his charges back!

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

That's great. I'd write a letter to his company's MD, letting him know that Duncan was so helpful. We should complain when things go wrong, but equally, we should praise when things go right. :)

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Good story and nice to see they do get it right every now and then

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Excellent, Duncan. You are one of life's gentlemen.:)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Yep, it's really nice to know that there are still people who care working for large, sometimes faceless organisations. Well done Duncan and Currys for going the extra mile and the excellent customer service.

I hope your Dad gets a bit of extra time to make the most of it Giz.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.