defence

romishon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a 7 page defence today and i am gathering that on the one hand they are saying that i have not written to them detailing dates, amounts etc of charges but then they say that i can only claim from the six years previous to the date of issue of court proceedings.

I did send them a claim for six years previous to december 2006 as this was the date i first wrote to natwest, so they obviously have had the details but are not admitting it.

My question is, is this going to predjudice my case. Also i have actually paid more charges than i am claiming for but was told to keep my claim under £5000 if i was going to make a claim in the small claims court.

Guest NATTIE

Romishon, firstly advice given to claim under 5k was incorrect as small claims court maximum is £100,000 except you would be liable for costs should you lose(unlikely). Is the correspondence from the courts or Cobbets?

i forgot to say hi to everyone. i am new to this site and must say that reading all the other succeses has made me feel a lot better about things although i am wondering if i will be the first o lose my claim. Natwest seems to be putting up a pretty big fight.

Guest NATTIE

Romishon, i forget to say hello as well to the consumer action group. Ok, Cobbetts sent it to you so i think there is a discussion thread in the sticky section with regards to it, ie sticky section at the top of the natwest forum, try CPR part 18

Well really if its come from Cobbetts and not the court you really dont have to answer it yet. Only reply to it when you get the defence and any directions from court about filling in CPR 18's. You dont have to reply to Cobblers with anything until the courts say so.......... i.e. when the defence comes through from the courts with their further directions on there. Fendy xxx

NATWEST BANK CLAIM - £16,100.00 WON

ABBEY BANK - £5500.00 WON

CAPITAL ONE VISA - £1800.00 WON

HUBBYS CAPITAL ONE VISA £2012.00 WON

TOTAL WON TO DATE: £25,400

*************************************************:D :D

NATWEST BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS- ONGOING

ABBEY BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS - ONGOING

YORKSHIRE BANK - AT SAR STATUS

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD - AT SAR STATUS

PLENTY MORE TO START LATER.

STRENGTH IS SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE IN LIFE, ITS A CONSCIOUS CHOICE YOU MAKE, YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH IT. YOU LEARN IT.:D :D

STRENGTH, YOURE NOT BORN WITH IT, YOU LEARN IT :confused:DUE TO WHAT LIFE DOES TO YOU. :)

thanks for your help. I don't believe it but today they have offered me nearly all my money i asked for all except £222. i'm wondering wether to let this amount go or wether to ask for the rest on principle.

It has got the ususal full and final settlement blurb at the end of the offer. I was considering going for the rest of the money that i haven't claimed from them but wonder wether this will be possible. I didn't claim over 5000 as i was told it was better to go for less or i may be liable for court fees, well anyway at least i've had an offer. now it's woolwich and credit card people beware!