me vs lloyds

ukviper1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all at the CAG ive just found this site and im hoping it will be of great help to me .

i Phoned my bank at the begining of last week and asked for my 6 yrs worth of statments , and low and behold they all arived today ,ive totaled up all my charges. u/p dd u/p chq o/d intrest / o/d usage and o/d excess fees it comes to a hefty £1500 , what is the next step i need to take ? do i send the standard letter just asking for that back or do i need to list all the charges dating from earliest to latest ?the reason im asking is that im in the navy and dont get a lot of time to do these things ,also can i add intrest to this amount . all help will be very much apreciated . tnx andy.

Hi m8 yes you need to send your first letter off to our friend debbie gilbert. Lloyds tsb.Andover service. recovery centre. charlton place, andover. hampshire.sp10 1re you might get back a standard letter like me

hi all at the CAG ive just found this site and im hoping it will be of great help to me .

i Phoned my bank at the begining of last week and asked for my 6 yrs worth of statments , and low and behold they all arived today ,ive totaled up all my charges. u/p dd u/p chq o/d intrest / o/d usage and o/d excess fees it comes to a hefty £1500 , what is the next step i need to take ? do i send the standard letter just asking for that back or do i need to list all the charges dating from earliest to latest ?the reason im asking is that im in the navy and dont get a lot of time to do these things ,also can i add intrest to this amount . all help will be very much apreciated . tnx andy.

Hi Andy and welcome to CAG! You really need to start reading the FAQ and Step by Step Instructions to make it clear to yourself where you are going! When you send your preliminary letter you also need to do a schedule of charges listing the oldest first, with date, type of charge, amount of charge. Unless you are going for CI (Contractual Interest and a bit of hot potato unless you are sure of your arguments) then leave out all reference to 8% interest at this stage. You claim this when you file at court. Charges you can reclaim are overdraft excess fee/unpaid direct debit fee/unpaid cheque fee/. Shout if you need further help and nice to hear from one of "our boys"! Debs

Hi Andy,

Welcome to CAG!

You do need to list all the charges i'm afraid, there is a spreadsheet in the templates section you can fill in.

Initiallly with your first letter, and then letter before action, you only claim the charges Lloyds have levied. If you go on to issue a claim through the courts you can then claim 8% Statutary interest as well.

Although if you are thinking of claiming Contractual Interest then this should be declared from the first letter. This route is a little more complex though and you need to be confident in what your doing to contemplate it.

You could send ther first letter with a total amount only, but you will need to list your charges before you get to the court stage anyway, and it might give Lloyds an opportunity to say you were not specific enough. Most people who have been following this forum know that Lloyds will jump at any reason to delay a claim.

Why give them the opportunity? Do the legwork up front, and save aggrovation later.;)

Good luck with your claim! :)

Pondy :)

• Haha 1

LloydsTSB - Current Account claim £5,554 settled unconditionally 25.4.2007 :D

If the Pondfish has helped click his scales! ;-)

Please donate to this site if you can! :-)

Don't let that put you off! ;)

Go for it!

Hi

Spreadsheets here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

They weren't working earlier for some reason, someone was trying to fix them, don't know if they are working yet.

Good luck, let us know how you go on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Ok here goes . Make 5 columns. Column 1 - Date of Charge. Column 2 - Ammount of Charge. 3 - Daily interest amount 4. Number of days since charge. 5 - Interest due on charge.

So now enter date of 1st charge in column 1. Column 2 - self explanatory. Column 3 = Column 2 X 0.00022. Column 4 - self explanatory. Column 5 = Column 3 x Column 4. This will give you the daily interest rate for each charge @ 8%. When you have finished add up Column 2 and Column 5 and that is the total ammount of your claim.

It really is very simple (providing I have explained it clearly) - any questions let me know.

Thanks for the click Andy!

Did you manage to get those charges listed?

Pondfish :)

not listed them yet had trouble getting a spread sheet , the one on here wont open for some reason, i tracked 1 down and im gonna list them all tomorrow ready for posting on monday (bit hung over today )do i list them with intrest or without ,from what i see its without and then i add them when i send of my mcol ???

Hi Andy,

Yes your right. without interest untill you come to starting your claim though the courts.

ok i have done my schedule of charges and my standard letter was wondering if 1 of u guys could take a look over them to make sure there ok ???????????:Dps where do i send this letter to ? my branch or the head office ? theres a few addresses on here thats getting me a little confused .

if you post your letter or schedule of charges on this site, don't forget to edit your personal details - Name, account no. etc. ;)

OK, just thought i'd mention it, as i have seen people on this site forget to edit thier personal details.