Coral not paying up on sports bet

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

This is an odd one but I am so disappointed with Coral.

A couple of weeks ago I put on a bet for Robbie Keane to score first in there away european game. I was in the betting office at the start of the match, I asked are you still taking bets for the match, I was told yes as the betting was still on the Coral monitor and was giving 8/1. I put on the bet and walked out of the betting shop. Robbie Keane scored first but my docket was a minute out, the goal was scored in the second minute but my docket said the 3 minute and they would not pay out?

I have emailed Coral support and have had some mixed stories, they said the Coral monitor must have been broke as the first to score betting was still on the screen but cannot prove it. I have asked for the security tapes as freedom of information, to prove that the bet is valid. I have asked them to prove that there tills are in sync with fifa and skysports?

Do I have a leg to stand on or are they just not going to pay up. Could I bring them to court? It £90 quid but its my £90

Cheers,

K

There have been many scams on this (remember 'The Sting'...? It will be difficult to prove so close to the wire, certainly the shop staff would not accept a bet where the outcome was known already, but against this the time stamp may have been running fast, and as this will be the arbiter it doesn't look good.

True but I was in the shop and chatting with the staff at the time of kickoff, if they check the security cameras they can verify this, I suppose its the genuine ones like me that get stung.

Cheers,

K

PS Do I have the right to view security footage, I am just thinking now that the staff delayed me from putting on the bet asking me to do extra football bets on that match. Could it be that the staff new the goal was scored and delayed me on purpose?

Cheers,

K

I would have thought that either the shop made a legitimate bet, or they issued a void coupon and you should get your money back.

Why would they have accepted the bet if they weren't prepared to pay out on it?

You cant sue for a gambling debt - its one of the quirks of our legal system (or at least you cant in Scotland and I'm sure its also the same in England). Is there a governing body for gambling companies that you can complain to ?

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Guest Bert52

It's the same in England & Wales Stornoway, you cannot sue for a gambling debt.

I know of somebody who won quite a tidy sum from an indie bookie but they just gave his stake back and refused to give him any winnings and he couldn't do a thing about it.

Thanks all, its so wrong I spent enough money over the years in Corals, but its has made me re-think, i'd be better of keeping my money and betting anymore after that, it has given me a real sickner to gambling and there laws. Its true what they say about gambling, theres only one winner and its not the poor auld punter who gives up some of this hard earned wages. :(