Arturo v LLoyds TSB

arturo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new at this, so forgive me if I give the wrong information:

I have been on here before & downloaded the letter as instructed (many thanks for that) and after 14 days, I had a letter stating the charges are fair (£25 a time?) but if I wanted to take it further, sending me the booklet on contacting the Ombedsmen. This I did in November last year, and I've not heard anything from them, I emailed the Ombedsmen to ask how long would this take as the 6 months from the Lloyds letter is going to expire. :o

So I guess my questions are - is it 6 months before you get in touch with the ombedsmen or 6 months until a claim is sorted.

What else can I do?

Have you got copies of your statements and worked out your charges? That is the first step. Then you need to send the prelim letter along with your statement of charges by recorded delivery, giving them 14 days to reply.(It sounds as though this is where you are up to?). They will normally send you a "sorry but jog on" letter defending their charges. Regardless of this or if they dont respond at all, you need to send the Letter Before Action by recorded delivery, and wait a further 14 days. If you hear nothing or, nothing constructive, you then need to file a claim with the courts.There are plenty of links in the FAQ page. Really worth reading it all through first, after all, if you file a claim you are saying you are willing to take the banks to court. Good luck

Sorry, didn't mention - I did already write to my bank, using the letter on here. The letter the bank sent me was their reply to the letter that I downloaded from this site.