• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

NHS Dentistry Failing - Petition to the Prime Minister - HELP!

Let's Bite Back
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new to the Consumer Action Group website - Hello to all of you! I live in Rotherham.

Over the last 5 years my family have had terrible problems accessing a NHS dentist for my now eleven-years-old grandson after having been advised that he needed to see a dentist as a matter of urgency by a dentist who had visited his school. Eventually, after about three years, we resolved his problem by going to a dentist outside the Rotherham area.

In general, for more than five years, dentists in Rotherham have had closed books to new NHS patients. Approximately 50% of residents in the Rotherham area are not on the books of a dentist for regular routine NHS treatment. This is a very large under-priviliged group of people! The situation is very unfair!

I believe that the situation is the same nationwide - with some areas being even worse than that applicable in Rotherham.

One year ago, the Government introduced a new dental contract that was supposed to sort out this national disgrace. However, today the situation is no better - dentists still have closed books and it is impossible to get onto the books of dental practices as a NHS patient.

I ask you to sign an online petition that I have sent to the Prime Minister via the 10 Downing Street website. The process is quite simple using the link below:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Dentistry-NHS/

In fact, I ask you to do more than that, please contact your friends and family and request that they do the same.

We must change this situation!

Thank you in advance for taking a little of your time to consider this matter.

I doubt your petition will get you anywhere. The government are quite well aware of the short comings of the nhs and are doing all they can to give people access to nhs dentistry.

I manage 2 practices in scotland, one fully private and one nhs. We have 3 dentists in the nhs practice and yet everyday we have up to 45 mins in wasted appointments.

I know this is the same all over the uk. People that have access to nhs dentistry are abusing it and this leads to longer waiting times etc.

I believe that the government is doing everything it can to help people get an nhs dentist but if there arent enough dentists qualifying and working for the nhs each year then what is the government to do about it?

Remember that a dentistry graduate can work wherever they please and only some of them go into the nhs. The nhs give golden handshakes to encourage grads to commit to them but the dentists are like the rest of us and will work where they are happy and also where the money is. There is money to be made in nhs dentistry but you need to see upwards of 40 patients per day.

i'm sorry if what i say doesnt help but I really think that you are on a hiding to nothing with your petition

Its my money and I'm making sure I get it back.:razz:

25/09/06 Letter from Robert Udy saying tough, sue us!

14/09/06 letter from cap 1 robert udy offering difference of £8 per charge. sent LBA and refusal back

14/09/06 letter from halifax returning £10 cheque but still going to send me my statements!!

cap one LBA sent 29/08/06 £360

Halifax Data Protection Act sent 29/08/06

There will be a 10% donation to this site when I win.

If it wasnt for you then none of us would have anything back

www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk free forum with advice and templates for reclaiming bank charges

Hi bevcarlyle,

I know that dentistry is worse in Scotland than it is in either England or Wales. I have read that online at both the BBC and the Scotsman sites on the following links:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6557739.stm

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=1254&id=584722007

Also, I know that 10 Downing Street have washed their hands of NHS dentistry in Scotland and Wales. You can read what they have written regarding that matter in response to an earlier petition on the 10 Downing Street petition website via this link:

http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page11084.asp

I quote from that response what 10 Downing Street say:

"It should be noted that health is a devolved issue, and this response applies only to England. The provision of NHS dental services in Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland is a matter for the respective National Assemblies and the Scottish Executive."

- i.e. NHS dentistry in Scotland and Wales is nothing to do with them!!!!! Apparently, Scotland and Wales can sink or swim on their own as far as NHS dentistry is concerned!!!!!

You will be aware that approximately only 50% of the population nationwide can get onto the books of a dentist for NHS treatment. That means that 50% of people find themselves in a privileged situation - and the other 50% fall into a very under-privileged group indeed. Do you think that is fair? I am one of the privileged 50% who is on the books of a NHS dentist. I could take the stance of the politicians and sit back saying "I'm all right Jack". However, personally, I would prefer to fight for the rights of the under-privileged in society regarding this matter.

I was brought up to believe that the NHS was based on fairness for all. If, as you say, the government has done all that they can regarding NHS dentistry, then I maintain that after ten years in charge they have failed very badly indeed.

Moreover, if the Labour Government really cannot do anything to create a system that is fair to all, then in my opinion it is time that we had a new government.

Best Wishes - Let's Bite Back

• 1 year later...

Hi this is my first post but i would just like to say, i went in to my dentist today to make my 6 month check up appointment only to be told my NHS dentist has now gone private, leaving me and my 9 year old son without a dentist. We live in rotherham and the dentist that has gone private is in eastwood, one of the most deprived areas of rotherham so how they can justify going private i'll never know, the government need to do something. if the case is as bevcarlyle says about the money and how many patients they need to see. well i dont think there will be a lack of patients and the government could help by putting money into it so it is worthwhile for a dentist to practice in the NHS and also if needed reduce the amount of patients they have to see but without cutting the amout they take on. its just a thought and if i can think it then surely the government can.:(