Allrighty Vs Barclays

Allrighty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Just starting the ball rolling requesting my statements off them, doing everything by the book as it is stated here on the forum. Sending everything recorded, so they have no excuses. My attitude to this is I want everything back, it's mine and I want it back you theiving Bs.

Of course I'm sure they will try everything to get out of paying, this will not deter me. TBH I have no idea how much they owe me it could be £500 or £5000 I have absolutely no idea, but whatever it is, it's MINE!!

(edit)

Anyhow that's my rant over, I'll keep you all informed through this thread over the weeks and months.

Take care

Allrighty :cool:

doing everything by the book as it is stated here on the forum. Sending everything recorded

good man, spot on

take some time to get your head around the three variations of spreadsheet

1 claim charges alone (with 8% interest at court) (simple spreadsheet)

2 claim the interest that was payed on charges (advanced spreadsheet)

3 compound contractual interest at either authorised or unauthorised rate (complex spreadsheet)

1 is bog standard

2 is a bit more work but more money and is still a solid claim

3 is a stack more money but is a more ambitious and less sound claim but people still seem to have this paid

read up on the other threads and chose what you're happy with

Hey there,

Thanks for the advice, it is true there is much to read up on, I have done some reading but TBH, it seems like war and peace at times. It will be worth it I'm sure. I will be following your advice as you guys have been there and done it, there's no point re-inventing the wheel afterall. Do what's tried and tested and it cant fail.

I really am kicking myself you know, because for years I have kept all my bank statements, up until last summer when I moved house and had a clear out, I had all statements from barclays, plus my old bank Abbey, dating back to 1997. Dont ask why I just did LOL. And of course for some strange reason I had a mass clear out, thinking what do I need all this for? This is way before I had even heard about CAG. You know they old saying, if I knew then what I know now........ OH well

Oh BTW, sorry about my self-censored expletive, but it's just how I was feeling about this money they have stolen.

Thanks again

Allrighty :cool:

Yes you are right the site is very daunting, at first I looked around and though WTF? I cant make head nor tail of this, it looks a complete mess, then I calmed down and thought well it's a free service, I'll struggle through and see if it makes any sense. It is gradually making more sense, although some things are hard to find for newbies, even I'm internet savvy and struggled. So maybe there's something to think about there.

Still I do thank everyone who gives their time to contribute, and help others to get through this legal minefield. If it wasnt for you guys and those who founded the site, we wouldnt be here now.

Peace

Allrighty

The site is designed to be as user friendly as possible, the problem is that we are taking on huge organisations with vast resources. We have to cover all bases so there is a lot of information to be posted on the site. Granted its not the easiest to navigate but with a little time you can find your way around easily. Also on this site you have your own individual thread(s) Unlike another I could mention were you are just all mreged together.;)

• 2 years later...

I've not been around for a long time, and unfortunately I was very busy with other things in my life since I first posted on here. Is it still too late to reclaim any charges? I banked with Barclays since 2001.

Prior to Barclays I was with Abbey National (previously National & Provincial Building society), but I was a naughty boy in late 2000 and left them owing a fair bit of money on Credit card, Overdraft and Loan, which will all be statute barred now as I have had no contact with them.

Lowells and 1st Credit are trying their tricks but just ignoring them.

Since this I have rebuilt my credit worthiness, and things are on the up again.

Is it worth claiming bank charges from Abbey/Santander as far back as I can, or is it just not worth digging up an old corpse and creating a further problem????? Would it affect my current credit rating???

Any help would be great. Thanks very much.

Hi Allrighty,

It's certainly NOT too late to reclaim bank charges.

Because of issues regarding the OFT test case, things have changed a bit but, as you're starting from scratch this should be no problem.

First off, you need all your statements as far back as you can go. If you don't have them, send a SAR but they'll only supply info for the last 6 years.

The Reclaiming Guide at Link No1 in my signature will help.

This shouldn't affect your credit rating, nor should you be at risk of a/c closure. Start a new thread for the Abbey/Santander case in the appropriate forum.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Slick for your reply.

I have this morning sent off my SAR +£10 chq payable to Barclays. It says you can can claim back as far as they have records, or at most 1995. Is this right, what's this about the 6 years limit for claims???

Has something changed with this while I have been away?

I will keep you posted in this thread about my case.

regards

Mark

The Limitation Act 1980 says you can only go back 6 years with a claim.

However, s32 of the act allows that to be extended where the true nature of the bank's charges was concealed.

The problem is that the bank are unlikely to provide any statements or data beyond the 6 years - it appears they are in the process of destroying the older data and we can only assume this is an attempt to reduce their financial exposure.

Look here and access the Statutes Library, Article 9 - The Consumer Forums - Library

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks again Slick, many thanks for your help. Seems like they are doing a bit of destroying of evidence of their crimes against this country. Isn't it illegal to destroy evidence, especially when there are so many outstanding claims???

Hmm, they're not destroying evidence really - just a/c data that they don't legally need to store beyond a certain time.

Keeping it beyond that will cost them if they then supply it to customers seeking refunds.

You can see why they'd do it, for reasons of profit. But I'm not aware that destroying the data is unlawful.

However, if the data remains stored on microfiche and they fail to supply it in response to a SAR, that would be a breach of the Data Protection Act.