l*g*d vs Capital One

l*g*d

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, well I didn't think I'd be writing this, as I thought I'd got it sorted, but here's what's happened so far:

21st March - Sent original letter, outlining charges

29th March - Received offer letter of £8 per charge, decided to accept as I have another larger claim to go through with my bank

2nd April - Faxed acceptence letter (as there was no settlement form in bank's letter)

16th April - Phoned to ask if they had received my fax, but told they have no record of it, so sent another letter by 1st class post, enclosing a copy of the fax.

Today - Phoned again to check if they had received fax or letter, but no record of it!!

So I have sent off my lba, as I feel I have been perfectly reasonable and given them plenty of time to reply. What made me laugh today was the guy on the phone saying "I advise you to send another letter, as it can't happen twice" - er, hello? It HAS happened twice crazy!

I'm GRRRRing on your behalf ... why let them off with £8? Pursue the lot if they're going to be like that.

'Fortune favours the brave.'

Any advice given is purely on the basis of my own views and opinions and offered in good faith.

That's what fumed me so much! I can understand (ish!) them being evasive when they don't want to settle - but why when I've said I will? Aah well, it's a bigger claim now - all the better for me!