CCA request Acknowledging Debt exists.

SteeveF

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been trawling through the posts on requesting copies of original credit agreements to substantiate if debt exists!!

Have a few questions for the experts.::

1.If the Alledged debt is from a recent credit card and you have been making payments up to the time the Dca has become instructed why does the debt need to be proved as you have used the card , made payments ??

2. If you write to a credit card company and offer s settlement does this remove the angle completely of asking for CCA and denying debt exists??

3.Has anybody been taken to court for credit card debts here , I cant find any information about this , particularly when you dont own a house or are self employed!!

4.Anyone know any good angles for dealing with credit card companies directly as once they instruct a DCA they wont talk to you!! The DCA`s are very un-cooperative and wont listen to sensible offers!!

I have a few debts that need to be sorted , only cards , and have been advised bankrupcy is a good option for me but reading this site I think its doubtful I really need to go this route.I have made offers of around 25% sment to all 4 but 2 have not even responded , and the other 2 via the DCA`s have advised they will knock off 15% off debt but they have added on more than this in their ridiculous charges , laughable really..

I know its a game of cat and mouse but any help would be appreciated to the questions I have raised here.

thanks

Steve

1.If the Alledged debt is from a recent credit card and you have been making payments up to the time the Dca has become instructed why does the debt need to be proved as you have used the card , made payments ??

maybe the amount owing needs to be proved? there are plenty of disputes with regards to what is owing. I agree, *some* people on this forum are blatantly using a CCA request as a way to get out of paying a debt they owe, This site and indeed I don't advocate it.

2. If you write to a credit card company and offer s settlement does this remove the angle completely of asking for CCA and denying debt exists??

not in my mind.

3.Has anybody been taken to court for credit card debts here , I cant find any information about this , particularly when you dont own a house or are self employed!!

i speak to many people each day who have. the choice method of enforcement in this case may be bailiffs or a garnishee order.

4.Anyone know any good angles for dealing with credit card companies directly as once they instruct a DCA they wont talk to you!! The DCA`s are very un-cooperative and wont listen to sensible offers!!

take a read of the OFT debt collection guidance. remember that the FOS have taken over jurisdiction for certain complaints too.

I have a few debts that need to be sorted , only cards , and have been advised bankrupcy is a good option for me but reading this site I think its doubtful I really need to go this route.I have made offers of around 25% sment to all 4 but 2 have not even responded , and the other 2 via the DCA`s have advised they will knock off 15% off debt but they have added on more than this in their ridiculous charges , laughable really..

if you have this cashflow available, why would you chose bankruptcy?

Ive been offered help by relatives but only so much available so if the creditors do not accept I maybe have no other option!!

Do credit card companies actually send in Bailiffs after a court action and no agreement is reached??

Steve