nationwide not giving me my statements

nuggy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

seems they are no longer sending out statements, just the list of charges , now you have to calculate your charges using the spreadsheets on here and then you write to them, send the prelim letter with the shcedule of your charges, please be sure to read the faqs as these will help you to understand the process of reclaiming your charges. best of luck x

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faq.php

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

iv sent a letter with a cheque for 10.00..they'v cashed it and iv received a letter with a list of charges ..no statements..what do i do next?

I`m just waiting for my statements. I don`t like the sound of not getting statements and just a list of the charges,

I`ve paid £10 for my "statements" not a list of charges, whats stopping NW missing a few charges off the list ?? no no no ... i want my statements.

I've received the same and am not happy. Its impossible to calculate the interest and other vital info is not available. I'm thinking maybe a second letter regarding non-compliance and asking again for statements is the next step??

hi come-on............if you have used the template letter for your SAR from here then you will see that you did not request your statements you requested a list of all transactions and charges relating to your banking history, it states that alternatively you will accept a copy of your statements if a list is not acceptable, it does seem that this is now the way nw are proceeding they are giving you what you initially requested, i dont see how you cant work out what you are owed from the list can you post some more information and i will see if i can help you, best of luck x.

I'm still not convinced that they are supplying exactly what has been asked for in the SAR - a list of all transactions and charges does not mean a summary of only charges, so in my opinion I don't think they are conforming to the DPA - I know they're not supplying all the information they hold about me, ie they took me to court back in 2003, yet in my list of charges there is no mention of this whatsoever, can someone please advise if that warrants a non-compliant letter only i'm fairly new to this and am getting quite phased by all the info. Thanks

hi dolly, well if they have only supplied a list of charges and nothing else then yes i agree they are not complying with the sar and i would think you can sue for non-compliance, i have checked this and if only the charges are listed then they are in breach of DPA, hope this helps dolly, best of luck x

• Haha 1

Thanks Lori, I'll send the letter off tomorrow. If I was just going to claim charges only the summary would have been ok, but as I need to calculate interest (which they charged a whopping 220 at one point!) I really need more info like the actual balance of account etc. I have a fairly complex case (I think) because they took me to court 2003 CCJ sum of £7000

which i've been paying off monthly. mostly charges/interest etc. this summary I have just received comes to a staggering £6,028. So i'm hoping I can get something wiped off at least. Thanks again.

no problem dolly if i can help i will ( and if i dont know the answer i will ask someone who does), best of luck x

I'm not convinced what they have sent me is a true list off charges because I can remember in some months there were quite a few charges and yet in the list there doesn't seem to be many???...I think this is their new way off getting out off paying people back what they really owe them?

So can anyone suggest what I should do next...I've tried ringing them and the line is always engaged:(

• 3 weeks later...

I have some of my Notice of Charges but not all of them (hence submitting the SAR). I have received the summary of charges. this has confused me because the dates don't quite match.

What i was thinking of doing is to submit two spreadsheets based on both sets of info with written explanations of why they are different.

Do you think this would be ok? I can't get through on the phone to query this.

If they are only supplying lists of charges then that is not compliance with our template SAR.

If you find that they have not given sufficient information or if you suspect that by providing you merely with a list of charges that they may be concealing some and that the list is not complete then you should complain to the IC and also let the NW know that they have not complied and that you will be including a claim for non-compliance with your charges claim.

The bank has a statutory duty. They are not allowed to short-cut without agreement from you. To accept the £10 fee and then to not comply with the SAR is to misappropriate your money.

Of course the banks are no strangers to this kind of misappropriation because by operating an unlawful charges regime, this is what they are doing all of the time and they have been doing it for years.

I suppose that the bank is operating this shortcut system in order to save themselves time and money.

However, that is their problem. They shouldn't have misappropriated your bank charges money in the first place. Now that they have been found out, they should return the money gracefully.

In fact they are merely showing that they really are greedy dishonest little bullies as demonstrated on BBC Watchdog and in the Whistleblower programme.

Don't forget that the nationwide in particular has stated in public that people who incur bank charges are serial abusers of their accounts!

What colossal hypocrisy and deception - and they won't even come and fight their corner in Court.

I'm also having a bit of a battle with Nationwide over my credit card charges in that they are refusing to send me anything at all relating to that account.

They say that the credit card account was closed in 1999 and is therefore too old to reclaim on but I was using that card right up to being made redundant in 2004 (when my finances fell apart and put me in the situation of having all these charges to reclaim) and despite me writing to them about non-compliance of my S A R three times as well as reporting them for non-compliance to the Information Commissioner, they still haven't sent anything relating to my Visa card!

They did, however, send me a full 6 years worth of statements and charges for my flexaccount. I'm reclaiming on that one and have filed and been acknowledged via MCOL.

[COLOR=magenta][COLOR=purple]Moorcroft DCA - CCA Requests (x2) sent 06/01/2007, 1 x CCA supplied and payments being made, one account passed back to Royal Bank of Scotland. Regal Credit demanded immediate payment in Nov 07, sent away with a flea in their ear as RBS is in breach of CCA.[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=magenta][COLOR=seagreen]Anonymous postcard from FCM Jan 08 can only be connected to this RBS farce![/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]Meritforce reported to TS, ICO, FOS and Ofcom April 07 for harassment and breaches of Data Protection Act over a debt that was paid more than a year ago! dec 07 ICO finally agree that DPA was breached but say that the law does not allow them to take any action![/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]Roxburghe DCA - CCA Request sent 06/01/2007, Unable to comply letter received 14/01/07.[/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...

Update to my message above:

I got a response from the ICO who said they would be contacting Nationwide about their non-compliance and have now received a letter from Nationwide saying that the ICO has informed them that I have made a complaint and asking me to confirm that I still haven't had the info that I requested in my S A R.

Their letter then goes on to say that if the request is still outstanding they will send the info asap. I've waited 5 months already so I won't be holding my breath!

[COLOR=magenta][COLOR=purple]Moorcroft DCA - CCA Requests (x2) sent 06/01/2007, 1 x CCA supplied and payments being made, one account passed back to Royal Bank of Scotland. Regal Credit demanded immediate payment in Nov 07, sent away with a flea in their ear as RBS is in breach of CCA.[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=magenta][COLOR=seagreen]Anonymous postcard from FCM Jan 08 can only be connected to this RBS farce![/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]Meritforce reported to TS, ICO, FOS and Ofcom April 07 for harassment and breaches of Data Protection Act over a debt that was paid more than a year ago! dec 07 ICO finally agree that DPA was breached but say that the law does not allow them to take any action![/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]Roxburghe DCA - CCA Request sent 06/01/2007, Unable to comply letter received 14/01/07.[/COLOR]

Update to my message above:

I got a response from the Information Commissioners Office who said they would be contacting Nationwide about their non-compliance and have now received a letter from Nationwide saying that the Information Commissioners Office has informed them that I have made a complaint and asking me to confirm that I still haven't had the info that I requested in my S A R.

Their letter then goes on to say that if the request is still outstanding they will send the info asap. I've waited 5 months already so I won't be holding my breath!

That is what happened with me they send my flex accont statements but after 93 days not a bloody letter with my credit card statements.

I called Susan who told me that they lost it ! and whether I have proof . I send the proof and I am waiting.

Do you think that you are gonna ask for money from both account and credit card in one stroke or in two ?

Hi Caroline, my court claim for the FlexAccont charges is already in progress with MCOL and the deadline for them to pay or defend is Tuesday, so hopefully I should get that money pretty soon.

When they finally get their backsides into gear and send me the Classic Visa statements I'll start the whole process again with them.

It matters not to me if I get my money back in one, two or even ten installments - as long as I get it back!

Hi Caroline, my court claim for the FlexAccont charges is already in progress with MCOL and the deadline for them to pay or defend is Tuesday, so hopefully I should get that money pretty soon.

When they finally get their backsides into gear and send me the Classic Visa statements I'll start the whole process again with them.

It matters not to me if I get my money back in one, two or even ten installments - as long as I get it back!

some people got their money by just writing to the FO i don't know whether they got the interest as well.

I was also sent a list of charges. They only went back to 2004. The charges did not match the ones showing on my statements that I got online, 15 months worth. They were incorrect by minus 200 quid. Do I trust em, do I hell! I made formal complaint to Information Commissioners Office over non compliance, as they did not go back 5 years (Scotland) and that they provided incorrect info. I was sent them LBA for unknown amount but no less than £489.

PS you can now get 27 months statements online with paperless billing.

Hello carolineiam!

...I called Susan who told me that they lost it ! and whether I have proof . I send the proof and I am waiting.

Do you think that you are gonna ask for money from both account and credit card in one stroke or in two ?

Classic delaying tactics!

I personally wouldn't have bothered ringing them.

They have a history of not honouring what is agreed to over the phone.

Where is your proof of the conversation, if it become necessary to provide it in Court???

It is recommended that ALL contact is done by letter.

Why do U feel that U should have provided THEM with proof of posting your 1st S.A.R.???

What Nationwide have basically done here, is got U to re-apply for your S.A.R., thus extending the time before U will receive it and making U seem confused with the whole process at NO extra cost to them.

Don't be surprised if U receive a letter towards the end of the Statutory 40 day period asking for £10 from U (...which I hope U didn't include AGAIN when U sent proof of posting your original S.A.R.??!).

Whether they have cashed your original £10 cheque or NOT, the fact is, if U have sent the S.A.R. via Recorded Delivery etc, U can prove it to the Information Commissioner/Court.

Here is a link for the Template Non-Compliance Letter...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Hello carolineiam!Classic delaying tactics!

I personally wouldn't have bothered ringing them.

They have a history of not honouring what is agreed to over the phone.

Where is your proof of the conversation, if it become necessary to provide it in Court???

It is recommended that ALL contact is done by letter.

Why do U feel that U should have provided THEM with proof of posting your 1st S.A.R.???

What Nationwide have basically done here, is got U to re-apply for your S.A.R., thus extending the time before U will receive it and making U seem confused with the whole process at NO extra cost to them.

Don't be surprised if U receive a letter towards the end of the Statutory 40 day period asking for £10 from U (...which I hope U didn't include AGAIN when U sent proof of posting your original S.A.R.??!).

Whether they have cashed your original £10 cheque or NOT, the fact is, if U have sent the S.A.R. via Recorded Delivery etc, U can prove it to the Information Commissioner/Court.

Here is a link for the Template Non-Compliance Letter...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

I entered in e-mail dialogue with Susan, and I have emailed her a copy of my original letter stating the date it was send. Furthermore they have cashed my payment but lost the letter ???!!!! Basically she stated that by monday I will have the information. I quoted the name of the person who received the mail as his signature is in the royal mail website (fantastic stuff). I cannot wait to sue them ..... they have been really horrible to me when I was in maternity pay not being able to afford the credicard. I had told them that when I finish my maternity leave then I can resume payments in my credit card which was not over the limit. The said 'tough' I said it is only gonna be for 6 months and then I would be back to work. Maternity pay is only 400 a month ! they said tough and they froze my bank account (also with Nationwide) until I pay up the credit card installmen. In the bank account there were my family tax credit benefit and my maternity pay and my child benefit. I explained this to them and they said : tough ! so I had to borrow some money from my brother in order to pay one installment so they lifted the freeze from my account so I could buy baby milk etc. So I opened a different saving account and got all wages / benefits there. I started paying 50 pounds a month to my credit card. Even though I carried on paying they took me to court and got a charge on my property and I had to pay court costs as well :( .

They were horrible and I will enjoy taking my own back on them. :-x :-x