Powergen Mistake

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Folks,

First post on this site so please bear with me :)

On the 11/04/07 I recieved a call from Powergen asking me for a meter reading for Gas and Electric, I use Powergen for both and also the meter serial numbers.

I gave them these and they stated that I was about £900 in credit. Great I thought.

It was agreed that they would pay £600 into my bank account and leave the remainder as credit on the bill and also reduce my monthly payments from £181 per month to £76 per month.

I then, stupidly having trust in them to be accurate and correct went and spent the £600 on a credit card over the weekend.

I say stupicly as on Monday I recived an amended ill that says I still owe them £161.

I contacted Powergen who admit it is their mistake they were totally wrong and offered me £20 compensation, I refused this and they then Offered me £60. They also told me that my DD should be £199 per month now!!!:eek:

I am not looking for the £600 as I know I used the Gas but this is a major mess through their actions and I think I am due more than £60.

Question is 'Am I being unreasonable in expecting more than £60' or is their offer reasonable!

Any and all advice is very welcome