TTB V's the HELIFAX

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have been a reader of this site for a long time and finally (after paying a £800 overdraft off) decided to hit the Halifax,

I sent my SAR on the 6th March and the cheque i enclosed was cashed on the 21st March,

Having not even received a letter to say they are processing this i rang them this morning and have been told my order has not been received:? and that the lady i spoke to will re-order them today for free, so i asked if i get my £10.00 back she said not as that was to pay for the first request which they didn't get :-x , LOL i know i am going to get this back at some stage but am ammused at how thick these people must think i am, i have had enough so i am off to the post office to send the Failure to comply with DSAR letter by recorded delivery that should speed things up,

Sorry for the long post but this site is fantastic and i will be following the halifax with a claim to A&L as well.

thanks all for a great site

You seem to be well on your way lol.

Keep updating the thread so we see how you get on.

Any worries just shout.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

**Update**

Still not received my list of charges which should have been ordered last week,

tried to ring today and find it ammusing how they are closed at 5pm,

Its a shame the collections departments didn't close at 5pm i would have had far less episodes of Corry and football matches interupted if they were :x

I will be sending the next letter tomorrow by recorded delivery

• 3 weeks later...

**UPDATE**

received the statements and sent request for repayment of charges on 1st May 2007 for £509.00

received fob off letter this morning, sending LBA tomorrow recorded delivery, they have 14 days or they will be in court soon,

feels good this

Received my fob off letter today, quick response in less than 7 days!! My next letter will be even faster. Watch this space I am angry now at the generic letter sent out. So much for the catch phrase for Halifax, ''Get a little xtra help .. '' for what I ask? to get further in debt !!

• 2 months later...

**update**

after a hectic few months with a newborn i have finally caught up with Helifax, after sending them 6 yes 6 letters by recoreded delivery they finally acknowledge my claim and made an offer of a measily £254.50 sent a rejection and letter on the 9th July and am going to court this aft to put the N1 claim form in.

after this i will tackle my other Halifax and then A&L

thanks for all the advice guys

You seem to have control!

You only had to send 6 letters?

I have a sheaf of Orange *Signed For* receipts and a sheaf of *Special Delivery* receipts as well!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Can't believe the cheek, of Halifax,

they rang me yesterday to say they had my offer refusal letter and offered me a total of £381.xx. And then said it is my right to reject this but they would not advise me to with regards to the court case that is now plastered all over the news, not sure what to do now should i go put my claim to the court or accept the offer.

i am also wondering whether i should begin proceedings on my other account with them